Feeling really bad about myself right now

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snickers

Reaction score
Ok, I was told a bad news at work and now i'm currently left hanging and seeking for jobs.

Not only losing my job, but I feel really bad about myself for not being able to keep a job after "working" for many years.

I have SA and I can't work well with people and documents and food.

I don't know what is survival...all i can do is feel sad and bad about myself.

Losing a job sucks but you have to keep your chin and smile on your face. I take it by SA you mean Social Anxiety? I suffer from that too and I have always worked in customer service, I find it helps and at least you get some kind of social interaction and get to meet new people everyday.

If you can afford it Audible.com has many audio books that are helpful.
My favorites are by Pema Chodron.
GETTING UNSTUCK is a good one.

Aside from that I can only say
If you drink or do drugs STOP!
Get some exercise
Eat right

While none of these things is a "cure all"
they all add up.
Quitting drinking has really improved my state of mind in a big way.
(I've lost a few pounds too)

Good luck

Sorry to hear about your job. Can only imagine how hard it must be for you now. Try to talk with other people it can really help with the SA. Other than that try to stay positive with the small things you accomplish in your everyday life. Other than that i think a new life said it well.

I know how hard it can be. I too suffer from social anxiety disorder and I just recently started a job at a supermarket (a very social environment) where I'm in charge of everything in the dairy department, taking inventory, making sure nothing expires, etc. Sometimes it's just completely overwhelming and since I don't take meds, I sometimes go about 8-10 hours a day with my heart racing and blood pressure stuck at around 150. Nothing scares me more than the thought of having to rely on pills to function in day-to-day life but it seems I may have no other choice. Either some sort of anxiety pill or blood pressure medicine.

I though hitting the gym had pretty much cured my SA problems. Apparently not.

Latest posts

Back