Films/ TV to fall asleep to

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

painter's radio

Reaction score
I know, it may be unhealthy blah blah :p

but does anyone here like to fall asleep to, or watch something before sleeping?

I've recently finished the entire X-Files series, Twin Peaks, Carl Sagan's Cosmos, some documentaries about space and a few Animes, but I'm stumped as to what to watch next when I get into bed.

Any recommendations? Preferably not too stupid or loud :p weirdness welcome.

I like the show "How It's Made" to fall asleep to. It's so calming, it puts me right to sleep.

I don't watch it but listen to it. I don't have a tv in my bedroom but I put the sleep timer on and listen to it until I fall asleep.

theraab said:
I like the show "How It's Made" to fall asleep to. It's so calming, it puts me right to sleep.

I thought I was the only one who was soothed by that show. Something about the hypnotic rhythm of the machines.... like if only everything in my chaotic life was so orderly.. *sigh*

There's also baby tv, which is oddly relaxing.

The absolute best answer to this is the joy of painting with Bob Ross. That guy with the afro and that soothing voice could paint happy little trees all day and put me into a comatose state. I don't know how he does it.

I favour George & Mildred on the ITV player on my laptop which I put on the floor by my bed. :rolleyes:

Either that on something on some online player.

Oh or talk sport or BBC radio 4 usually if I'm at my boyfriends!

I used to fall asleep to The Great Escape almost every night! As a result I can now recite large portions of the scrip at will. I had it on video (yes I'm that old and untechnical) and by the end it was pretty much unwatchable. Plus when it stopped and rewound itself it used to wake me up!

I would avoid the film Quatermass 2, its a bit loud and overly dramatic! :p

Latest posts

Back