Finding the one

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenifer

Reaction score
Hello! I have this problem where I can't seem to find any guys I can relate to. Do you ever feel like this? It seems like most of them are only interested in getting laid or having fun, none of them are really into getting to know the other person, and it seems odd because you get bored partying all the time and socializing on a superficial level. Any thoughts?

that's just the way men roll...they are hard-wired to be that way...not that there's anything wrong with that...it's just factual...and it doesn't matter the age...my 83 year old boss sexually harasses me...fkn gross...not trying to rain on your parade but that's just the world we live in...:club:

DVEUS said:
that's just the way men roll...they are hard-wired to be that way...not that there's anything wrong with that...it's just factual...and it doesn't matter the age...my 83 year old boss sexually harasses me...fkn gross...not trying to rain on your parade but that's just the world we live in...:club:

Wait wait... hang on,
are you saying you know every single man on the planet ??
Maybe you just attract/are attracted to the wrong kind of men.

If al you find are these kind of men, maybe you should change the way you`re looking or look somewhere else.

I'm interested in getting to know the other person, sex, and having fun. :) There are lots of us out there. Probably the majority.

paulo said:
Wait wait... hang on,

If al you find are these kind of men, maybe you should change the way you`re looking or look somewhere else.

you know what fella...it was a generalization...make sure you have your 'reading' skills on...i don't look for men...i only give my opinion just as anyone else would...not only did you not give her an opinion you chose to shoot me down...so...step the fresia off prick...get me?

Jenifer said:
Hello! I have this problem where I can't seem to find any guys I can relate to. Do you ever feel like this? It seems like most of them are only interested in getting laid or having fun, none of them are really into getting to know the other person, and it seems odd because you get bored partying all the time and socializing on a superficial level. Any thoughts?

Hi, Jenifer. This is very normal. Guys (particularly in their 20s) are hyper-focused on sex and partying. Not all guys, though. You just have to find the ones who don't follow the same path. I have a friend who's 30, and she still deals with guys who could not care less about her beyond what they do in the sack. So, she remains very frustrated.

Many younger guys don't have the kind of patience required to make a relationship a lasting one, and that's understandable from a biological (hormonal) standpoint, but it can be frustrating to the women who want something more than a one-nighter. So, I feel for you.

While I'm sure there are other types of men out there, in my life I've run into way more men who are looking to get laid and move on to the next woman than men who are interested in getting to know someone long term. If that hits a nerve with some of you maybe you should look at yourselves rather than jump on people who are stating their opinions and experiences. You can have opinions too, but you don't have to be personally insulting to others. Just sayin'.

Jenifer, the saying is true...you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find that prince.

DVEUS said:
paulo said:
Wait wait... hang on,

you know what fella...it was a generalization...make sure you have your 'reading' skills on...i don't look for men...i only give my opinion just as anyone else would...not only did you not give her an opinion you chose to shoot me down...so...step the fresia off prick...get me?

Exactly you were just telling her she might as wel give up , all men are the same anyway, and thats a fact according to you.
As that is clearly not true but still the way you seem to see it, i thought this -> ("Maybe you just attract/are attracted to the wrong kind of men.") might help you out a little.

As for reading skills go, see how there is a blank line seperating the 2 parts of text there.
the 2nd part wasn`t ment for you nor was any of it ment to shoot anyone down.
Just giving my OPINION and maybe help her out a little.

Let's not argue? I mean we all bring our points across, arguing won't make Jenifer feel any better. We may disagree but let's just try to understand each other or accept the differing opinions, rather than insult each other or argue about it.. no point.

paulo said:
DVEUS said:
paulo said:
Wait wait... hang on,

Exactly you were just telling her she might as wel give up , all men are the same anyway, and thats a fact according to you.
As that is clearly not true but still the way you seem to see it, i thought this -> ("Maybe you just attract/are attracted to the wrong kind of men.") might help you out a little.

As for reading skills go, see how there is a blank line seperating the 2 parts of text there.
the 2nd part wasn`t ment for you nor was any of it ment to shoot anyone down.
Just giving my OPINION and maybe help her out a little.

you are a true punk *****...funny how you didn't give an opinion but attacked my opinion instead...i was not telling her to give up but that reality is a *****...and that ***** may as well be you...i suggest you think first before attacking someone to whom you do not agree...want more punk?...pm me and i will set your punk ass straight...

DVEUS will run you over with her boss hoss :D
Lookout!
I'm a guy, natch, and 'tis true what the ladies profess - most guys want no strings attached tomfoolery.
Not all guys, however.
I personally can fluctuate between desire for long term, and a FWB type relationship.
It all depends on circumstances.
for instance, after all of the heartache, manipulation, lying BS and crap from my GF during my last relationship, my mind is so fragile and broken, I expect any new relationship I may find to just turn out the same way. After all, my previous attempts failed badly.
I'd love to find a LTR but it ain't likely no more, mainly because of me.

Miss D, I'd love to haul out in your baby...not to overtake the intent of this thread, but how fast can she (um, sorry to be car-sexist :) motorvate?

i had a very (short) relationship with a gal from way down south who owns TWO corvettes ('68 and an '80). But she wouldn't let me drive either one.

ABrokenMan said:
Miss D, I'd love to haul out in your baby...not to overtake the intent of this thread, but how fast can she (um, sorry to be car-sexist :) motorvate?

i had a very (short) relationship with a gal from way down south who owns TWO corvettes ('68 and an '80). But she wouldn't let me drive either one.

well BM...if you knew me you'd know that a vette is my 1st love...a 1963 split-window to be exact...however...i LOVE to let people drive my whip...true story...about 4 years after i bought my charger my brother FINALLY drove my charger...he was so impressed that he went out and bought one for himself...now that's a powerful story :D

come drive my 440hp charger BM...if you dare...you will love it <3

Jenifer said:

There are men out there that aren't just interested in getting laid and all that. They take a little longer to find, because the players seem to find the front of the line. You just need to weed through them.
There ARE good, kind men out there. Keep looking and don't give up.

TheRealCallie said:
Jenifer said:

There are men out there that aren't just interested in getting laid and all that. They take a little longer to find, because the players seem to find the front of the line. You just need to weed through them.
There ARE good, kind men out there. Keep looking and don't give up.

That is true. I consider myself good and kind yet I get ignored by women.

i realy dont give a sh*t about you MissD,
and if all you wish to read into things is an attack on your person than so be it.

The fact that you seem to be turning my suggestions to Jennifer and you, that i hope might be of some help and are in fact my opinions into an attack on you,
i find kinda funny :p
You seem to be the onely one in this "fight".

If you are offended and hurt so easily maybe you shouldn`t post "opinions" that could very well offend every male on the planet.
Anyhow don`t be waiting on that PM from me, im getting verry bored with you already.
If you wanne fight with someone go find some one else.
Have a good day/live or whatever..

If I wasn't taking a break from being a mod, I'd have put a stop to this nonsense, as I'm sure a mod will when they see this thread.
Deveus - as much as I like you, you cannot make those kinds or sweeping generalizations here about men, no more than the men can make them about women. Also, name-calling, as you've done repeatedly, isn't allowed here on the forum.
I'm glad that no one else retaliated with more name-calling.

As for the original OP - I agree with what one poster said about kissing a lot of frogs. Keep trying until you find a man that doesn't exhibit those types of behaviors. See our Kamya and Case...they've mentioned plenty of times before, the same that they've said here. Good men are out there - you just have to keep looking.
My experiences have been similar to yours, and I know it's frustrating, but hang in there, ok? :)
Best of luck to you.

paulo said:
i realy dont give a sh*t about you MissD,
and if all you wish to read into things is an attack on your person than so be it.

The fact that you seem to be turning my suggestions to Jennifer and you, that i hope might be of some help and are in fact my opinions into an attack on you,
i find kinda funny :p
You seem to be the onely one in this "fight".

If you are offended and hurt so easily maybe you shouldn`t post "opinions" that could very well offend every male on the planet.
Anyhow don`t be waiting on that PM from me, im getting verry bored with you already.
If you wanne fight with someone go find some one else.
Have a good day/live or whatever..

you know what you are...misery...and misery loves company...like i told you before you crazy fk...step the fresia off and leave me out of it...i am not offended nor am i hurt...you are one demented fk...go back under your rock where you belong fuckstick...i have no use for putrid people like yourself...

Latest posts

Back