Finding this place made my day

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExploringLad

Reaction score
I'm new here, I hope someone notices me because I'm terribly lonely and would love to make a friend.

About me: I've always been a top student but never much of a talker and that really bothers me. People think I'm nice and I do well in school but I'm so extremely quiet that it seems everyday my lack of interaction with people leaves me so lonely as to be unable to focus on my work (I'm a college student -- haven't yet decided on post-college plans but enjoy the sciences). I can study and memorize facts for hours, I'm good at sports, I WANT to reach out to people, and I think I'm an empathetic, sensitive guy who's a good listener and loyal, true friend -- but I have trouble making small talk and finding things to talk about.

I feel pathetic admitting this, but I'm willing to try anything that will help me engage more with people in conversation and socialize. Help me get over the curse of being born with the "BORING PERSONALITY" gene and drop me a line!

Last, this forum and esp this thread is amazing, and on a day when I was feeling particularly isolated, really boosted my spirits and made me feel like I'd made a meaningful connection with people just by reading their posts. To all the people who've posted, I want to thank you for your thoughts, they HAVE made a difference to someone.

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you are in the right place.

I'm glad that this place exists as well. Make yourself at home!

*gulp* I do hope there is no such thing as a "boring personality gene." I think it's all a matter of finding the right people so that talking doesn't become a chore and finding the confidence to reach out.

Hi :) I'm new also. I'm not sure how I feel yet...still testing the waters. It's great to know we're not alone in feeling alone, though.

Hi ExploringLad :)

I think this forum will help you come out of your shell a little bit. After a few months of me joining, my GP and nurse said i seem more confident :D Hopefully it will do something positive for you :)

Latest posts

Back