First Post

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undone (._.)

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'll try to describe my background concisely. I'm going to culinary school five days a week, and I'm working full time. My job is seasonal, so I'm kind of on a break for another week or two, but then I should be working again. I'm a straight single male, and I live in Arizona.

Anyway, between school and work, I don't have too much time to hang out with people. Homework takes up some of my home time, but I would be able to hang out with friends if I had any that wanted to. I can think of two guys that I would call best friends who live near me, but they seem pretty busy with their own lives. I'm not saying this in a mean way, but they only seem to want to hang out with me when it's convenient for them or they don't have a girlfriend. I'm the type of person who would rather be invited to hang out than to be the one inviting others.

I have some friends at my church and am involved in a small group there, but I usually work on weekends and can't go to these events. I've been able to go to church for a couple of weeks because of my job break, but I don't know if my summer schedule will include weekends once I start working again; I'm hoping I'll get weekends off.

That's pretty much my current situation and why I decided to join this site (I've been reading posts as a guest for a while). I hope I'm able to be a friend to others and maybe make new friends. :)

hey undone welcome to the forum

:)

i can relate to wanting to be invited rather than inviting, but i think everyone feels that way, inviting people over put's yourself out there, makes you feel vunerable if they can't make it

i know some churches sometimes have like community nights sometimes where they have potlucks and such on weeknights

( i know because my parents made me go to a two hour sunday school lesson on ******* wednesday nights ( god that was bullshit, i really resent my parents for that)

i digress

welcome to the forum

cool avatar

:)

Thanks for the replies gernblanston, evanescencefan91, and RyanEhf. :)

evanescencefan91: my small group does sometimes have events during the week, and I go to these when I'm not working. I'm sorry you've had such bad experiences at your parents' church. I really enjoy going to my church and small group, so I would just want to say that not all churches are like the one you went to. Some are better, some are worse, but I hope you or other people who've had similar experiences don't generalize all churches to be that way.

Hi. It's always nice to make new friends. I hope you enjoy it here.

Good luck and Take care.

Latest posts

Back