Fixed Poll for the ALL Book Club

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Book do you want?

• Angle of Repose

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Enders Game

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • As I lay Dying

• American Pastoral

• A Work by Steinbeck

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Kafka on the Shore

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So what's the real count now?

Maybe in the future we should just take turns picking books.

we gota narrow down the books to three maybe. AILD, Enders Game and A Work by Steinbeck. and then vote only once...

I started to read angle of repose :p. But i can read 3 or 4 books at once lol. (I dont finish some of them, yeah)

Did we really need yet another thread for 4 voters? :/ And I already counted it up a page ago. It was between AILD and Steinbeck.

Okay the choices have been narrowed to 2.

As I lay dying and A Work by Steinbeck

Choose one

I vote for Steinbeck.

To Flaneur:

The process is sort of confusing, so you'll have to bear with me, but we can vote in text in this thread. Should I ask one of the mods to delete the Revote thread? We should also establish a procedure for selecting books so the thread mayhem doesn't happen again next month (how many nominations should we accept? the first 3 nominations? and then vote? rather than 7, like this time? OR we could take turns selecting a book.). When we do select a book should we create a thread centered around discussion of that book? "_________ Discussion Thread for ALL Book Club" or use the pre-existing ALL Book Club thread?

Also, here is the roster for our book club (if anyone else wants to join, just say so):

- Flaneur (President)
-Ledia
-SophiaGrace
-TheGoodCitizen

Can I be the club secretary?

If A Work by Steinbeck gets chosen we will be voting on the following (as long as no one has read any of them) which wikipedia lists as his major works (I've already read Mice and Men):

In Dubious Battle
The Grapes of Wrath
East of Eden
Travels with Charley

I've read The Grapes of Wrath and East of Eden oh and of Mice and Men at school.

I'll happily read any of them again, or any of the other choices. I'm easy :)

The Good Citizen said:
I've read The Grapes of Wrath and East of Eden oh and of Mice and Men at school.

I'll happily read any of them again, or any of the other choices. I'm easy :)

I"m assuming you're voting for steinbeck then.

flaneur said:

we're tied. Also, you didn't address anything I said to you, nor did you give an explanation why you just created the new thread.

SophiaGrace said:
flaneur said:

we're tied. Also, you didn't address anything I said to you, nor did you give an explanation why you just created the new thread.

Come on chat, Soph. :)

nerdygirl said:
... and people wonder why I don't join things like book clubs.

Yeah, because they might have miscommunications on forums. That's why you don't join book clubs.

We just started so yeah there may be confusion. gotta give it bit of time

which work by Steinbeck you guys wanna read?

Latest posts

Back