For LadyForsaken

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Locke

Reaction score
I'd like to say something about one of the members here.

Recently I was reminded of how great LadyForsaken is, and all that she does to help others. Anyone who knows her knows that she's gone through some hard times, but she is always willing to listen and help people. I was in a very dark place early last year when I first met LadyF, and her kindness and compassion literally saved my life. She didn't have to PM a complete stranger and offer a listening ear, but she did. A good portion of why my life is better today is because she picked me up when I was down. I'm very grateful.

She has helped several people here in similar ways, and I don't know what this forum would do without her. We all have bad days (or months or years in my case), and we're all in need of a friend sometimes. LadyF is that friend. I can be a jerk, maybe more often than not lately when I post here. But I hope that despite this coming from me, other people realize how lucky they are that she's a member of this community.

I could go on about her kindness and compassion, but I don't want to embarrass her. So I'll just say thank you, my friend. Thank you for being who you are, and for everything that you do to help those in need.

What can I add, you have said it all - I completely agree and am so glad I met her and can call her a friend. :)

Want to say that I completely agree! Ladyforsaken contributes so much by being nice to people and making them feel understood and welcome and by truly caring about them and taking an interest in them. She was certainly gracious and welcoming to me on more than one occasion with my awkward posts. Loved her for that!

I admit, too, Locke, that I certainly haven't been in the best form either lately, but there are some people in life who you just love the moment you meet them, and she is (easily!) one of those people in my book.

You're right, we're all so lucky that she is here. Hugs, Ladyforsaken! You are loved and very much appreciated!

Lady F is like the angel that watches over this forum and all of it's residents. She's always the first to respond when someone is feeling down and she's always happy to listen to your problems - even when she has problems of her own to deal with. I've never seen her judge another member or shout them down because she disagrees with their opinion - she treats everyone with dignity and respect.

This forum would be a much less friendly and welcoming place without her.

I'm jumping on this bandwagon. She's lovely and might be the nicest person I've ever spoken too. I can't wait to meet her IRL, She was there for me when my dad was dying and after and I'm happy I can be there for her too. What a diamond delight she is!
I think everyone before me has said what I'm thinking, so I'll just say, what a girl! Haha

☺️

For she's a jolly good fellow, for she's a jolly good fellow
For she's a jolly good fellow (pause), and so say all of us
And so say all of us, and so say all of us
For she's a jolly good fellow (pause), and so say all of us!

For she's a jolly good fellow (pause), which nobody can deny
Which nobody can deny, which nobody can deny
For she's a jolly good fellow (pause), which nobody can deny!

Perché è un bravo ragazzo, perché è un bravo ragazzo
perché è un bravo ragazzo (pause), nessuno lo può negar
Nessuno lo può negar, nessuno lo può negar
Perché è un bravo ragazzo, perché è un bravo ragazzo
perché è un bravo ragazzo (pause), nessuno lo può negar!

Ele é um bom companheiro, ele é um bom companheiro
Ele é um bom companheiro (pause), ninguém pode negar
ninguém pode negar, ninguém pode negar
Ele é um bom companheiro, ele é um bom companheiro
Ele é um bom companheiro (pause), ninguém pode negar!

Es un muchacho excelente, es un muchacho excelente
Es un muchacho excelente..., y siempre lo será.
Y siempre lo será, y siempre lo será.
Es un muchacho excelente, es un muchacho excelente
Es un muchacho excelente..., y siempre lo será.
Y siempre lo será, y siempre lo será...

Completely agree! Great member who is genuinely caring and understanding. We're lucky to have someone like her on these forums. Thank you LF :)

and I will add: since I saw her tireless posting on this forum, she has been a great inspiration to listen more and try and say the right thing, like she always does, the thing that encourages, makes you think, makes you feel better about yourself, she is a master (a Yoda) of that :)

Whenever we join a forum, we tend to notice the hierarchy of user names who make quality posts. So, when I first came here, ladyforsaken was one of those friendly names I kept seeing over and over again. Her comments, both to me and to anyone else I've seen, have always been positive and encouraging, and I'm very glad that she is such an important part of this forum. :)

I totally agree with what has been said in this thread so far.

Thanks for being here in this forum ladyforsaken and for being helpful and kind to everyone.
And thanks for lending an open ear.

Hey guys...

Firstly, I wasn't expecting this at all, this is very sweet of you, Locke - you didn't have to, but thank you, I do appreciate this.

Secondly, I can't believe all the replies here - you guys are so kind, thank you for each of your kind words here. I didn't even realise some of the things you mention I've done. I really didn't do much. Anyway, I cannot express how touched I am.

Lastly, I just want to say, I'm on this forum mainly for one reason. That is to help whoever I can, where I can and hope I can help with people feeling left out. I was once in a really dark place before when I was on another forum, and a stranger decided to talk to me and stuck by me through the entire time I was broken, grieving, depressed and became my friend who was genuine with his help and guidance. He walked me out of that deep dark hole I was in for many months at the time.

I couldn't repay his kindness and his dedication, so I decided to give it back to the community, to those around me.. to strangers, friends.. whoever. Some of you ask me why am I so nice on here.. well, this is why.

So in all my posts, when I say something, it's usually based on my past experiences, what I've seen and what I've gone through and what I've felt. I don't create stories. I don't say it's for everyone and it's the right and only way.

I also realised when I started doing this, a lot of good things started happening for me. I met some really awesome people I'm glad to call my good friends who are still good to me now. I become more and more positive and this in turn helped me feel so much better. Of course it's not always good experiences, some people take advantage of this that I have had my fair share of shitty experiences. I don't regret anything. I still try to help the ones who take advantage of this.

My point is, this forum has a diverse culture of people based on various walks of life and upbringing. How can I be biased towards anyone? Everyone is human.. and have feelings and emotions, joy and pain. All I can do is try to listen and understand and care/love. It's so easy for people to start hating and attacking others, rather than questioning and trying to understand them. I figured it's just as easy to care and love for others. And it's less draining, quite rewarding too.

Sometimes I lose my patience though. I am human too after all. So some people think I'm all so great but really, I have my flaws too. Some people tend to expect me to be positive all the time.. I can't, I have my down days too. Anything would have a limit to it.

As much as I wish there were more people to show care and concern which could make the world a better place, I know it's not going to happen. So I will keep doing it, because I want to, and because it just feels better to.

I also know that what I'm saying here, might get some eyes rolling at me. *shrugs* I am who I am. I'm not going to stop doing good to others so, yeah.

Have a nice day/evening, everyone. :)

P.S.
For some reason, it's not easy for me to post this. It feels as though my thoughts are all jumbled up, I'm so anxious. It wasn't easy when I posted the previous thread I did.. but I did.. but now I'm back to where I was... I'll just say, I can understand how some people have this fear of putting themselves out there, even on an online platform. It can be quite.. daunting and exasperating.. when all you really want is just some understanding or something as simple as, discussion/conversation.

Lol. Took me more than 30 mins to post this after I finished writing it.

I agree with everyone here. You're an amazing person Ladyforsaken. :) Thank you so much for everything.

Latest posts

Back