Friendly insomniac saying Hi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicbor

Reaction score
I'd just like to say hi and introduce myself. I'm a 22yo college student about to graduate, get a job, and become a worker drone. In the right context, I'd like to think I'm a friendly and talkative (if somewhat nerdy) guy who's just been having trouble making connections lately.

How do I describe why I'm here? Well, I'm six months out of an ugly breakup, and I've been having trouble putting my head back together. Since then I tend to over-analyze everything in my life. Expecting or wishing cold reason to walk me through everything in my life, I get frustrated when I remain stumped in social situations. I guess I just have trouble turning my head off sometimes, especially late-night till sunrise when I feel like the only person still awake on campus. Lately I thought I'd look for some others feeling how I do. Looks like I found it. Hoping to make some friends.

Welcome to the forum

nicbor said:
I guess I just have trouble turning my head off sometimes, especially late-night till sunrise when I feel like the only person still awake

That's exactly my problem. Insomnia was my best (or worst?) friend just a year ago during a very difficult period in my life. Somehow I got over it, but it seems that it was a short time luck. Just last night it came back. New problems - the same insomnia. And now I'm afraid to go to bed, because I know that when the lights will be out and I'll be wishing for a long nice sleep then the thoughts in my head will once again rear their ugly faces. And they won't go away. No matter how nicely I'll ask them to.
It seems, I'm not the only one with this problem :]

physwitch said:
I'm afraid to go to bed, because I know that when the lights will be out and I'll be wishing for a long nice sleep then the thoughts in my head will once again rear their ugly faces. And they won't go away. No matter how nicely I'll ask them to.

I guess I didn't really consider that i'm "afraid" to go to bed, but that really sounds right. I do all kinds of things at night when I'm not sleeping... go on walks, watch movies, now even read this forum. It's not like I'm working desperately to sleep, more like I'm just waiting till I'm really sleepy so that when I actually do leave myself alone with my thoughts, I know ill be able to pass out quickly before it gets bad.

On an unrelated note, hello everyone and thanks for the responses.

Latest posts

Back