Frustration!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian

Reaction score
So we have this mexican grill in town, kind of like a subway. You pick what you want (huge burrito, taco salad, etc) and you go along with a sort of 'sandwhich chef' choosing all what you want.

Well, this is one of my favorite restaurants (I really like eating out, it's like a hobby when I deem it financially reasonable), and recently this really gorgeous gal started working there.

I thought I had her work schedule figured out; my friend who works there said she'd be working today. Naturally I assumed that meant an 8 hour shift. So on my way home from the gym, I decided I was going to stop by and ask for her number. I had it all planned out, right down to my exit strategy and my plan if she said no. I had my music blasting, I even had my chant going: "Girls are not scary. Girls are not scary. Girls are people too and do not consume human flesh under normal circumstances. I am a sexy beast. Girls are not scary."

So I park and go in, and the same gal from last night is there working. "Did you get a chance to visit with Kristin today?"

...No. Apparently I didn't.

Bah. I know tommorow's another day, but I was all psyched up and everything. I was feelin' good, relatively speaking. Blah.

Oh well. Here's to next time...

On a side note, fellas, I have a good strategy I think in case she declines your advance. I think it'll help save some of our pride/self image by giving a bit of grace, and may get you a date anyway. Have your name and number written down and in your pocket/wallet. If she politely declines, just be like "Ah. Well, in case you wanna think about it..." and hand it to her then make your exit.

Hopefully I won't be able to report on the efficacy of that, though :p

Hey man sounds like you were all death or glory. Sounds pretty auspicious.

The "In case you wanna think about it" sounds like a car salesman though. heh.

I think the "just in case" is a good idea. I actually have changed my mind after not giving a guy my number. I also like to have the person's number that has mine. I met this guy at a Brand New concert (they are a rock band, search on youtube if you don't know them), anyway, he seemed sweet. He didn't ask for my number at the concert, but he asked a friend of mine for it afterward. We hung out twice, I made dinner, we watched movies, and then he just stopped calling. :( Guys suck!

Oh, and be brave. Even if she's not into you, most girls will be nice about it. I'm sure if nothing else, she'll be your friend. You don't have much to lose. Ask her out!

Unacceptance said:
Hey man sounds like you were all death or glory. Sounds pretty auspicious.

The "In case you wanna think about it" sounds like a car salesman though. heh.

Yeah I kinda worried it did.

I was sort of a salesman though till the program I was selling lost funding. I mean, I was selling people a free service cuz Uncle Sam was paying for it, but it's pretty hard to convince people that free stuff is free.

dude....you did make sure she wasn't wearing a ring on her ring finger ?
Well did you at least the ask the gal that was working there to do a little bit of reserch for you ?
Like makesure she dosn't have a bf or som'in...She she dose...at least find out where he lives
and go beat him up ;) It's all good , you can take all your fustrations out on him :p

Hey..it's sort of fun aint it ?

Find out where she lives and creep in through the windows with a hockey mask. That will show her that you enjoy hockey and are very devoted to a relationship.

That sounds like a *great* idea! Should I bring a knife, too, to show that I know how to protect her? Maybe some rope to suggest I'm adventurous?

lovehurtme said:
I think the "just in case" is a good idea. I actually have changed my mind after not giving a guy my number. I also like to have the person's number that has mine. I met this guy at a Brand New concert (they are a rock band, search on youtube if you don't know them), anyway, he seemed sweet. He didn't ask for my number at the concert, but he asked a friend of mine for it afterward. We hung out twice, I made dinner, we watched movies, and then he just stopped calling. :( Guys suck!
WHAT !!! He stopped calling ? He must of been a idiot :D not all guys suck, id say about 1 in a billion of us are ok :D

^^^^Yup. He totally stopped calling. I was hoping if he didn't want date me, that we could at least be friends. I don't think he wanted to be my friend either. I don't know what I did. I'm kind of seeing a guy now, but he seems like a player. Nice guys never approach me, only player types.

Since you are nice Punisher, I take back what I said about all guys sucking. Punisher is awesome. :)

lovehurtme said:
^^^^Yup. He totally stopped calling. I was hoping if he didn't want date me, that we could at least be friends. I don't think he wanted to be my friend either. I don't know what I did. I'm kind of seeing a guy now, but he seems like a player. Nice guys never approach me, only player types.

Since you are nice Punisher, I take back what I said about all guys sucking. Punisher is awesome. :)
*blushes* thanks :D your awesome too

Latest posts

Back