Fun 9.9

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnwithme

Reaction score
Not sure whether this would go in the Relationship forum or here, but i'm here.

My girlfriend of two years broke my heart 10 days ago.. It's been hard since. Feel pretty isolated, and there are too many reasons why to explain in a brief post such as this.

Anyway. Basically my life is pretty... Empty and surreal, at this time....

And that's about as far as i know.
Tryin to workout or go for a run everyday, but it's still hard.

Hi welcome to the forum.

Yes...At this time but not forever.
Yes...every painful
Yes...they come in waves but they get fewer and further apart.

Please try not to isolate as much as posisable. Try to reach out as much as you can.
Please also give yourself a break from the heart ache or take a time out. Very stressful times, the mind and body needs rest.
Excersizing is excellent...it gets you into moving forward mode.

Maybe write or talk to people....don't be ashame. Let it out.
Yes...Fun 9.95 on the richter scale.

it'll take some time to heal. Give it time, be patient and loving with yourself...you'll heal. :) *hug*

Working out and going for a run are good ways of getting back on track. So you're certainly headed in the right direction. Good luck and don't hesitate to pour it all out on here if you feel the need to.

Sorry to hear it man. But you've come to the right place for support. This forum is full of caring and intelligent people.

Just keep yourself occupied. Not to the point where you can't feel, shutting out emotions just builds them up and they come back tenfold later on.

It hurts, but you have to recognize that, and given a generous amount of time things will get better. Slowly, painfully, better.

We are / I am here for support at any time.

Thanks everyone.

I'm not in a terrible place, definitely not considering some places other people are at... The more I talk about what happened, and the more I tell myself that this girl has completely changed from the girl i absolutely fell in love with, the better i seem to feel.

It was like a drug.. and addiction, i think. i didn't realise that until recently when my text inbox has been full of friends texts, and not JUST her texts. That's alright though.

I've been talking a LOT to my other ex's though recently. One on IM and the other lives here. theyre both awesome girls and we're good friends.

Sadly, i'll be moving back to utah where i grew up before coming out here for college, soon. My social and working life here are complete honeysuckle.

I got "fired" under extremely lame terms at my last job back in february, and havent been able to even get a job since, even though apparently wyo has the lowest unemployment rate in the country right now.

And i can't keep any friends either.

shmeh.

I try to keep occupied... But what with? With no job and no friends, and about 22 hours a day to myself.. what with.

I browse the net and watch TV a lot... but thats somewhat detrimental to my wellbeing. i go for runs pretty often. usually every night or other.
And i recently picked up Brave New World by Aldous Huxley to reread.. It's fascinating.

Anyway, i'm just rambling about the current going-ons of my life right now..

I find i'm very nostalgic for the past... for high school, honestly... 10th-12th grades were great years.... i'd live them all, over and over, just how they were, for the rest of my days, if i could. The two years i been out of high school... well, they're alright in some aspects... But mostly, i liked bein in high school. the simplicity, the closeness of friends.. my girlfriends... Yeah.... it was fun. Not at the time, mind you.. it didn't seem all that good, but i guess you never really appreciate what you have until its gone.

Its a terrible flaw in the human brain... It takes recognition, it takes skill and work to realise that what you have, you might not have some day... that maybe, just maybe right now you're doing something, living something that, 10 years down the road you'll look back on and say Hey, i wish I could do that again...

My life is very surreal at the time being... I went for a run last night, to clear my head, and i'll admit, i smoked something that wasn't tobacco.
It's nice but.. man, at the same time, it definitely opens the floodgates to emotions, to the world, to the natural appearance of thigns... Hence the surreality.

Hopefully someone has read this far ha. seems pretty long. again i'm just rambling...

yeah...the human brain is wierd....

it's good that you're recognizing that a lot of it is in your head or
brain. The brains plays the heartaches moments over and over again to try to
resolve the problem..that's it's function. It's painful becuase those memories
are attched with extreem emotions.

Making a direct command to the brain to stop and accept it...is almost like
a constant battle. The brain will not give in without a fight.

I had to wear a rubber band around my wrist for a little while...I catch my brain
day dreaming or reliving the break up moments over and over again or sometimes it's ll get into negative thinking.
After a while I'd catch myself faster and faster.
I needed to discipline my brain to work with me and for me ...not against me.
I'm the master of my body and my life...not my brain. My brain is a very important part of my body...
never the less the brain is still a part of my body. I'm the master.

It's okay..though, that's what those good memories are for,
to carry us through bad times...Life is not all bad.

yeah being out of work sucks in a lot of ways...
and the changes you're going though is not easy.

Yeap..not always easy to discipline our minds...but we must
so that it dosn't wonder off too far and start running our lives.
Trying to stay in the moment is not easy if the current
circumstance is painful. Our minds seek comfort or releave
therefore it will also project a future.

Sometimes it's hard to accept life and life's terms..becuase
it's not always rosie...but it's a part of a journey. The good times
will come around again...When they come. We learn how to
appriciate them more...I suppose. Stay in the moment and
appricate the good times as well.

Latest posts

Back