Getting ripped off

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautifulsorrow

Reaction score
I hate it when for example I buy a packet of chips and find just a few peices inside.
Once I got food from this new official-looking mexican restaurant and the food portion was so small, everything was tiny, didn't taste that great either and it cost me about 6 dollars ( I don't know if this is cheap where you live but I can get a good amount of food with this much money). This happens in almost all the restaurants anyway.
Have you ever been ripped off?

Small portions in a restaurant isn't uncommon. They run a business. Not a charity. It's a way to control food costs as well as waste. However, there are some places, a few Mexican places that I've eaten at here, that serve hearty portions. So, they don't all skimp and cheat. 6 dollars wasn't so bad though. At least you know not to eat there anymore.

But I do find it ridiculous when a certain store goes by the saying that they're there to save you money, yet they have people there who refuse a sale on a competition buy one, get one free, because it's not exactly what it says in the paper. I think that's a load of bollocks. I'm sorry, but I'd give it to them. It's not that big of a deal. I think too many people were ripped off from that.

Yup! Welcome to 2012!

My father once tried to be a gentleman and paid a dude in advance and even loaned the guy use of an extra car that dad never drove. The guy's work was lazy and incomplete and tried fleeing. A lot of people mistake the old man's man kindness for weakness.

Dad and a couple of friends when to this guy's house and took the car back and left a message with the guy's wife. Magically, he returned to finish the job.

One could say that my father was stupid to trust someone like that, but he comes from a time were a handshake deal was ironclad. These days, people like that are considered naive. Not in this case.

Everyone(Present company accepted) these days is out to rip you off. They just try to be sneaky about it and do it legally. You walk into an electronics
store that has a video game console priced at $299.00. You walk into the same place a month later and the exact same console is now priced at $290.00 with a huge bright yellow sale sign that says:BLOWOUT!!

C'mon!

LoneKiller said:
Yup! Welcome to 2012!

#. You walk into an electronics
store that has a video game console priced at $299.00. You walk into the same place a month later and the exact same console is now priced at $290.00 with a huge bright yellow sale sign that says:BLOWOUT!!

C'mon!

:D There was a bogus special offer at KFC once where if you bought the stuff without the special offer it would only cost like 20 cents more hahahahhah. Oh yeah and i edit this to mention that I felll for it too hahahhahaha

I get upset at how clothing is made these days. Nothing last long. For example I buy bras that cost 50-60 dollars a piece and after one wash on hand wash they start to lose stitching or the underwire begins to come out. It pisses me off. I don't understand why everything is made so cheaply. It's a waste.

I find it sort of amusing (in a way that's like...do you really think I'm stupid?) when you go to a clearance isle and there's stuff that's regular priced there. If you check the sticker underneath it sometimes it's the same price as the top sticker. And also online I like to compare prices on different websites and then go and check out websites that claim to have discount prices. They'll mark it as "our store price" compared to others. Their mark down store price is the same as other stores. They're so called regular price for the item is higher than other stores... just a number to make it seem like a great deal.

Hoffy said:
I get upset at how clothing is made these days. Nothing last long. For example I buy bras that cost 50-60 dollars a piece and after one wash on hand wash they start to lose stitching or the underwire begins to come out. It pisses me off. I don't understand why everything is made so cheaply. It's a waste.
Holy honeysuckle!! $60?!
That's a new copy of "Final Fantasy 12-2"! To hell with a bra. By the game instead. I'm sure the men in your life won't object.

what makes me laugh is those family packs of crisps that contain 6 or 12 smaller bags. if you emptied out the contents it wouldn't fill one fiith of the big bag

Food packages get smaller every year... it's annoying.

Here, there used to be a brand who made large packs of chocolate chips cookies and the cookies were very big. Now the cookies are less than half the size and the cookies are much less as well... (I'm a bit mad about it cuz there aren't any other chocolate chips cookies out there).

And in some restorants, when you order pasta the portion is too small, I feel ripped off when that happens.

Felix said:

Here, there used to be a brand who made large packs of chocolate chips cookies and the cookies were very big. Now the cookies are less than half the size and the cookies are much less as well... (I'm a bit mad about it cuz there aren't any other chocolate chips cookies out there).
Good cookies are rare :D. There is this brand called chips deluxe that makes great ones, I guess chips ahoy is not bad either if its available where you live :D

I've been ripped off so many times, I've lost count.

My best friend stole some $30,000 off me.
Every home based business opportunity I have ever tried.
My girlfiend who stabbed me in the back who I spent money on.
The psychics who were supposedly trying to help me with the girlfiend.

My whole life is just one great big rip-off...

Phaedron said:

Must've been crap man

beautifulsorrow said:
Felix said:

Good cookies are rare :D. There is this brand called chips deluxe that makes great ones, I guess chips ahoy is not bad either if its available where you live :D

no :(

I'm pretty sure I bought those on a duty free shop... it was way better than the one we are stuck here.

Hey, if I were CEO of one of those companies, raising prices and making portions just a bit smaller so customers won't notice as much, seem like good ideas to me lol.

But in the end, the consumer is worse off.

The first time I went grocery shopping, I told my dad "WTF, these prices." But then again, we live in an expensive area where the cost of living is sky-high.

Phaedron said:

$30,000?! I gotta ask ya Phaedron. How?(Unless it's embarrassing for you. Not too many people like to admit it when they've gotten burned.)

Well it wasn't right away. I was 16 and my friend got me into weed. I was also depressed because my father comitted suicide, my grandmother died, and a year later I was betrayed in love. I bought lots of expensive weed, only I had no idea what the prices were. Basically I was being charged double if not triple with every order. At one point I had a plastic storeage bin with lots of little drawers to house several different strains, many of which they turned around and stole back when I wasn't looking. They (nick and scott) used the money they made to make trips down to Tijuana and blew it all on strippers and prostitutes.

Phaedron said:
Well it wasn't right away. I was 16 and my friend got me into weed. I was also depressed because my father comitted suicide, my grandmother died, and a year later I was betrayed in love. I bought lots of expensive weed, only I had no idea what the prices were. Basically I was being charged double if not triple with every order. At one point I had a plastic storeage bin with lots of little drawers to house several different strains, many of which they turned around and stole back when I wasn't looking. They (nick and scott) used the money they made to make trips down to Tijuana and blew it all on strippers and prostitutes.
No offense, but I'd clobber them. What if they tried that on a dealer but didn't know that he was a dealer? OH OH.

beautifulsorrow said:
Hoffy said:
50-60 dollars a piece
woah thats a lot of money

That is a lot, but I have two good bras that I usually wear, and they cost about that much a piece. I machine wash mine. Probably not the best of things, but I can't be arsed to hand wash anything. I just make sure to hang them up to dry.

Latest posts

Back