Girl of my dreams now in relationship

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What ive learnt from woman over the years is , never seem to keen , even though you really want to , and its killing you , just slow the contact down , and it feels like you have more control over the situation.

Like the playing golf , she texts you , say you will have to check and get back to her when i know more.That type of thing , it does help.

putter65 said:
Just seen it on facebook. Initially felt like someone had kicked me in the balls.

Feel a few different things now. Firstly, I just wonder how lucky some guys are. How they can get up in the morning and get dates and meet women. The woman I like is stunning so plenty of men will be after her. I just don't feel good enough. I can be ultra nice to women (and I am) but it doesn't get me anywhere. Nothing does and however nice women say I am, nothing seems to go for me. At best I become 'friends' with the occasional woman, like this one.

It all seems a big waste of time and effort and worry. Yet she has spent a bit of time with me alone (playing golf) and no other woman seems to want to. So it's better than nothing I suppose. I just feel embarrassed because I have mentioned her to my Mother and a few other people. I've never had many friends in my life and it's a big deal having a female one.

One of her friends flirts with me so I asked her to the pictures but she didn't really answer. She flirts like crazy and I wanted to call her bluff somewhat and see what happened.

I just think when women say nice things they don't really mean it. The flirty woman said a couple of weeks ago that her and the golf woman were 'fighting over' me. Those were her words. I thought 'that's interesting' - yet really it's just either teasing or somebody messing about.

People say 'go out and meet people' - I am not the type, I am just not comfortable in a social setting in large groups of people. I don't meet people when I go anywhere. All people seem to do is make fun of me. I like one to one meetings.

It is nice I have become 'friends' with this woman and I've never been daft enough to think it would go any furthur. I just wish they were more people like her and I had ten friends like her. And then she wouldn't be so important !
at least you are wanted, and you have friends, not like a mountain of human honeysuckle like me.

crayon man said:
What ive learnt from woman over the years is , never seem to keen , even though you really want to , and its killing you , just slow the contact down , and it feels like you have more control over the situation.

Like the playing golf , she texts you , say you will have to check and get back to her when i know more.That type of thing , it does help.

My plan when she gets back from her holiday is to do nothing for a couple of weeks and then ask. Not bombard her with messages the second she gets home.

PedroSilva said:
putter65 said:
Just seen it on facebook. Initially felt like someone had kicked me in the balls.

Feel a few different things now. Firstly, I just wonder how lucky some guys are. How they can get up in the morning and get dates and meet women. The woman I like is stunning so plenty of men will be after her. I just don't feel good enough. I can be ultra nice to women (and I am) but it doesn't get me anywhere. Nothing does and however nice women say I am, nothing seems to go for me. At best I become 'friends' with the occasional woman, like this one.

It all seems a big waste of time and effort and worry. Yet she has spent a bit of time with me alone (playing golf) and no other woman seems to want to. So it's better than nothing I suppose. I just feel embarrassed because I have mentioned her to my Mother and a few other people. I've never had many friends in my life and it's a big deal having a female one.

One of her friends flirts with me so I asked her to the pictures but she didn't really answer. She flirts like crazy and I wanted to call her bluff somewhat and see what happened.

I just think when women say nice things they don't really mean it. The flirty woman said a couple of weeks ago that her and the golf woman were 'fighting over' me. Those were her words. I thought 'that's interesting' - yet really it's just either teasing or somebody messing about.

People say 'go out and meet people' - I am not the type, I am just not comfortable in a social setting in large groups of people. I don't meet people when I go anywhere. All people seem to do is make fun of me. I like one to one meetings.

It is nice I have become 'friends' with this woman and I've never been daft enough to think it would go any furthur. I just wish they were more people like her and I had ten friends like her. And then she wouldn't be so important !
at least you are wanted, and you have friends, not like a mountain of human honeysuckle like me.

sorry to hear that. There was a time when I had no friends and having a girl say 'hello' to me was a big deal and made my day.

putter65 said:
crayon man said:

My plan when she gets back from her holiday is to do nothing for a couple of weeks and then ask. Not bombard her with messages the second she gets home.

PedroSilva said:
putter65 said:

sorry to hear that. There was a time when I had no friends and having a girl say 'hello' to me was a big deal and made my day.

sorry me, i should not throw away into your problems like this.

PedroSilva said:
putter65 said:
crayon man said:

PedroSilva said:
putter65 said:

sorry me, i should not throw away into your problems like this.

feel free to do anything you like. We are all here to help each other with problems.

Like my OP , i think your doing the right thing , but in the end , it depends on the woman.

Personally , woman dont want to see you `needy` to start with , later , thats ok , but at the beginning , they want to feel , you have other options and might not bother with them , you have your own life so to speak.

Your doing the right thing , i know its hard , very hard , just hang in there , it will work better than contacting her anyway.

Good luck mate , let me know how your getting on.

I remember seeing a TV program years ago , a guy thought he was losing his girlfriend , and they had a falling out , ther other guy , that had more sense , said `DO NOT RING HER TONIGHT , IT INCREASES THE PANIC IN THE MORNING` AND THATS TRUE , silence is a killer for some people.

take care

Thank you !

I'm fairly confident she will get back in touch after her holiday. I know I worry she won't. She's got this new fella and maybe she won't have time for me anymore. But she has other male friends and she makes time for them.

I was just plain unlucky, we were all set to play golf and it friggin started raining. It was all her idea and then her idea to play golf during the week. She then cancels 2 days running due to tiredness. I do believe her, she had been working alot. She then sends a text saying we'll play when she gets back from her holiday. So it's not all doom and gloom.

Dude you need to cherish your friendship with her!

I am not some stunning woman who has boyfriends, but I do have this one guy friend who I know would love to be my boyfriend. We ahve been friends for over 10 years now, and he is one of my most cherished people in this world! His friendship and willingness to respect me enough to be my friend says SO much about the fact that he is a wonderful person. Having a guy be a true friend to me, means more to me then ANY of the men I have had sex with.

septicemia said:

I am not some stunning woman who has boyfriends, but I do have this one guy friend who I know would love to be my boyfriend. We ahve been friends for over 10 years now, and he is one of my most cherished people in this world! His friendship and willingness to respect me enough to be my friend says SO much about the fact that he is a wonderful person. Having a guy be a true friend to me, means more to me then ANY of the men I have had sex with.

Oh I do cherish our friendship.

This time last year we hardly spoke so we have come a long way. They have been alot of really moving, touching moments between us. When she left my workplace it was so emotional between us. Alot of crying, hugging, stuff like that. She said some really nice things to me.

She must know how I feel about her. I have told her I care for her and she means the world to me. I don't feel embarrassed saying it.

I just worry she will get fed up and stop all contact with me. I am forever getting told to forget about her and cease all contact. Why ? I have no idea. It's not like I have many friends. The whole thing of having a friend, sending text messages, asking them to places, etc is new to me so I am bound to worry I suppose.

septicemia said:

Well I hope my woman feels 1% of what you feel for your friend.

I just have this natural mindset that people don't give a honeysuckle about me. And when they do something nice, I am dubious they mean it. I wrote this message on twitter saying I was fed up and the only 2 friends I have on there sent me 'concerned' messages. Asking me if I was okay. I replied saying I was just down in the dumps. Didn't want to say it was all about this woman I like and her cancelling our golf game together.

My default attitude is people / women don't care about me and I need constant 'good things' to happen for me to think differently. And then that doesn't last long.

Latest posts

Back