girl problems...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The weight of Ed Tom Bell's disapproval falls heavy in this thread.

Brian said:
attachment.php

nerdygirl said:
Oh, sweetie... If you understand yourself and the world so well, you shouldn't be here asking about how to seduce a girl and then get her to become your girlfriend. You also stated you use these things to escape the world. In your eyes, the rest of the world starts doing drugs, getting drunk, and having sex while they're still children and that is A-OK. Your perception of the world is warped, whether you think so or not.

Weeeelll I might as well have a discussion about drugs!
Ok. So, who decides whether drugs are bad or good? You do! Not the government. Just because it's legal here and illegal there doesn't mean it's BAD or GOOD.

The effects of cannabis are milder than the effects of alcohol. It's also less addictive. In fact, alcohol is more lethal and more addictive than most other drugs including psilocybin (shrooms), MDMA (ecstasy) and lsd.

But alcohol is legal and acceptable éverywhere, and most other drugs aren't! Does this make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, no. That does not make sense!

Why does it bother you so much that I smoke weed and do hallucinogens? It's not hurting anybody. No, not even myself, because I do it respónsibly. People should be allowed to decide for themselves what they put in their bodies, as long as it doesn't harm anybody else.

The only drugs that will réally f*ck up your life are heroin and cocaine, and I stay off that honeysuckle. A few teens experimenting every now and then is not a drug problem. It's not all bad mmm'kaay?

And like I said you would have to try shrooms yourself (not that I'm telling you to do them) before you can understand how awesome they are, and how they change your view on things.

Technically, I'm not encouraging a discussion on drugs. I'm trying to make you understand that as long as you are chemically distorting your state of awareness, you cannot convince me that you have a full understanding of the world around you. Period. I certainly did NOT say that you being drunk is any better.

Furthermore, I'm also trying to make you understand that by being under the influence of drugs and alcohol, you are quite possibly hurting your chances of finding a girl who wants you. Possible side effects of your innocent and purely benign shrooms include feeling light headed, shivering, sweating, nausea, and a numb freaking mouth- including tongue and lips (Gee, wonder why you might not be a good kisser). There are also potential negative psychological effects, like anxiety. I don't know about those girls in Amsterdam... but I don't know any girls here who would find any of those things hot.

Augh. rude post removed.

I will not go off on a tangent.
I will not go off on a tangent....

trein said:
The effects of cannabis are milder than the effects of alcohol. It's also less addictive. In fact, alcohol is more lethal and more addictive than most other drugs including psilocybin (shrooms), MDMA (ecstasy) and lsd.

Where the fresia are you getting your info, kid? Alcohol is more addictive than ex and lsd? I think NOT. Go recheck your facts, bud.

trein said:
And like I said you would have to try shrooms yourself (not that I'm telling you to do them) before you can understand how awesome they are, and how they change your view on things.

Oh. My. God. I am so tired of hearing that bullshit from every stoner I run into. Guess what, I've tried shrooms, and they're good for a laugh, but they are addictive. Guess what drugs like shrooms and LSD do to you? They rewire your brain, man.

It's not that shrooms are giving you some sort of magical new understanding of life. It's that it's a chemical that is rewiring your brain to operate differently, and the end effect is that you don't feel quite right without the drug anymore. You end up feeling like you need the shrooms to have fun or to be smart...and that's just stoner bullshit.

Again, go check your facts, kid. It seems to me like you're getting your info from your dealers or whoever gives you your honeysuckle. And guess what? They LIE to you so you buy more of their product. Surprise, surprise. Why don't you go ask your local police chief about shrooms? Why don't you go to the nearest school teacher and ask him/her about shrooms? Why don't you look up some government studies on them? Hmmmmm?

Call me crazy, but I guess I'd rather enjoy life without putting chemicals that change my brain's physiology into my body. *shrug*

Badjedidude said:
It's not that shrooms are giving you some sort of magical new understanding of life. It's that it's a chemical that is rewiring your brain to operate differently, and the end effect is that you don't feel quite right without the drug anymore. You end up feeling like you need the shrooms to have fun or to be smart...and that's just stoner bullshit.

No way, man, you just don't get it! It's like lookin' through a mirror for a new perspective! Totally revolutionary and enlightening man!

(Thank you for putting it diplomatically)

^^^OMG... totally, mayng. Plus, by opening our minds, we're sticking it to The Man!

(lol no prob)

trein said:
Hi guys, kind of a long story but there we go:

I'm a 17 year old guy and I have some girl problems.
I had my first kiss about 2 years ago, when I was 15. Since then I have only kissed one other girl, when I was extremely drunk, so I don't remember it and the girl later told me I sucked at kissing (whether this was because of the drunkness I don't know).

Now all of my friends have lost their virginity, most at 15 or 16, and most of my friends had their first kisses when they were like 13 or something. So I seem to be the only one staying behind.

Lately I've just been getting high and doing shrooms (legal where I live), to get away from myself and the world. I've kinda given up on girls. But the way I see it, this is like a vicious circle. I'm still a virgin and have almost zero experience, and because of that girls will find me even less attractive, because of which I won't get new experience, etc. I really want to break out of this circle and find love so I can be happy without being high.

Finally some things about myself: I'm a little shy (with girls), but at the same time very social and friendly. I never have trouble making friends and have a few really good ones at school, and I have no trouble talking to girls and making friends with them either.

I'm not ugly or fat. I'm tall and a little skinny. I'm not muscular either, but I'm quite strong and healthy. I've played guitar since I was 7, so I'm pretty good at it. I'm also pretty smart and have a good sense of humor.
Some bad things about me are: I'm very lazy, very absent-minded at times. I sometimes get depressed quickly (but I try to seem happy when I'm with other people).

So I would say that I'm not a terribly unattractive guy, right? Long story short, my question is what can I do to actually seduce a girl, and eventually get a girlfriend.

Peace.

ROFL im 24 and im still a virgin...:)

You're young....all the best girls your age are going for guys in their late 20s, early 30s. The ones that are having sex with guys your age are just doing it because they feel pressured to (usually, anyway, there's always the exceptional awesome chick in there somewhere, but she's taken, I'm sure of it).

Which leads me to another point...if you're 17, no girl is really "taken"....if they have a boyfriend, just hit on them anyway...no one ever marries the person they were with when they were 17. Then again, I grew up in NYC where people get married in their 40's (at which time they can finally afford to move out of their parents place and into that $6500/month studio apartment in the ghetto!)

Play the numbers game...women at that age are basically incapable of respecting your feelings, so why should you care about theres? If you really want a loving, committed relationship, just wait. You won't get it at that age.

Sorry if it sounds harsh, but I generally have nothing positive to say about dating and the like. Dating is just a god-awful part of life...most of it is pure, unadulterated misery, but the sex you get every few years makes it almost worth it (but not really).

Oh, and the most important thing I can say, and I'm being dead serious here...DON'T EVER say "you are beautiful" to a woman. This automatically puts them in defense mode. You get responses like "what do you mean....am I fat??" or "can't you come up with an original way to get in my pants?" and they will NEVER accept that you legitimately think they are beautiful and simply wanted to point it out.

Also, if you do get involved with someone, don't ever tell them that you love them. If you feel strongly about them or love them, just shut up.

I met the girl of my dreams earlier this year. SHe was the first woman to not treat me like honeysuckle, belittle me, use me for money, try to get me to quit my career in music, etc, and she was the first girl to not say "hurry up and finish" and just simply lay there in bed.

Needless to say, I fell in love....after 3 months of this, I told her that I loved her in bed one night right after sex. Needless to say, this was the last time we slept together, and now we're "just friends"

I hope I don't live much longer.

Badjedidude said:
trein said:

Where the fresia are you getting your info, kid? Alcohol is more addictive than ex and lsd? I think NOT. Go recheck your facts, bud.

I just joined this site and don't see a quote button (sorry) , but anyway, LSD is widely known as one of the least addictive substances in the world. First of all, If a person ingests a dose on a given day. And then ingests a dose the next day, that second dose will have little, if any effect. If that person repeats this on the third day, there will be NO effect.

This is unlike, say, opiod painkillers, which take months to lose effect. For example, i take percocet for a back injury 4x a day and they recently stopped working after 8 months on the same dose.

I don't know off hand about this process with ecstacy, but psilocybin does have a similar effect where subsequent doses do nothing, making physical addiction nearly impossible to achieve.

Alcohol most certainly is one of the most dangerous, life-destroying drugs out there and anyone who thinks otherwise has never volunteered at a homeless shelter.

It is you who should check their basic, rudimentary facts before getting online and being VERY RUDE to others about YOUR lack of basic knowledge. Fail on several levels.

MilesSmiles said:
Which leads me to another point...if you're 17, no girl is really "taken"....if they have a boyfriend, just hit on them anyway...no one ever marries the person they were with when they were 17. Then again, I grew up in NYC where people get married in their 40's (at which time they can finally afford to move out of their parents place and into that $6500/month studio apartment in the ghetto!)

Maybe NYC, but I assure you that I've known girls who've gotten into committed relationships at that age and have maintained it for years. Hell, I knew a girl who fell in love with someone at 15 with a 17 year old boy, and actually managed to hack with him, helping him get through college until he could manage a good enough job for both of them and being there for him when he got sick from diabetes. As far as I'm aware, six years later, they're still together.

They are not in NYC, though.

MilesSmiles said:
Oh, and the most important thing I can say, and I'm being dead serious here...DON'T EVER say "you are beautiful" to a woman. This automatically puts them in defense mode. You get responses like "what do you mean....am I fat??" or "can't you come up with an original way to get in my pants?" and they will NEVER accept that you legitimately think they are beautiful and simply wanted to point it out.

Also, if you do get involved with someone, don't ever tell them that you love them. If you feel strongly about them or love them, just shut up.

I say 'you are beautiful' in one form or another at least once to at least one woman a day. Perhaps your tone might be what's setting you as apart?

MilesSmiles said:
I met the girl of my dreams earlier this year. SHe was the first woman to not treat me like honeysuckle, belittle me, use me for money, try to get me to quit my career in music, etc, and she was the first girl to not say "hurry up and finish" and just simply lay there in bed.

Needless to say, I fell in love....after 3 months of this, I told her that I loved her in bed one night right after sex. Needless to say, this was the last time we slept together, and now we're "just friends"

I'm sorry for you. But I assure that I've said 'I love you' without that kind of result.

And anyone who messes with their mind is a fucktard idiot by my measure. I don't drink either, for all practical purposes. I'm not 'bothered' by it, but I will remove you for being an oxygen stealer if you get in my way. I like my air.

"I say 'you are beautiful' in one form or another at least once to at least one woman a day. Perhaps your tone might be what's setting you as apart?"

(Sorry, on all the other forums I go to, you simply highlight and hit the quote button, but I don't see one on this site. It's probably because I'm stupid, as my vision is fine. )

But anyway, my tone? Are you implying that I'm yelling or being nasty? Because if I were, I'd be having a lot more success. Where I'm from, women LIVE to get with abusive juicehead guidos, so I think it's the fact that I treat them with respect that scares them off.

I kid you not, watch "the jersey shore" and you'll get a perfect microcosm of the people I grew up with. Some of the worst people on earth, hands down.

MilesSmiles said:
(Sorry, on all the other forums I go to, you simply highlight and hit the quote button, but I don't see one on this site. It's probably because I'm stupid, as my vision is fine. )

But anyway, my tone? Are you implying that I'm yelling or being nasty? Because if I were, I'd be having a lot more success. Where I'm from, women LIVE to get with abusive juicehead guidos, so I think it's the fact that I treat them with respect that scares them off.

I kid you not, watch "the jersey shore" and you'll get a perfect microcosm of the people I grew up with. Some of the worst people on earth, hands down.

I'm not sure. Sometimes one can come off as passive-aggressive without intending to. As far as I'm concerned, the people on Jersey Shore are oxygen stealers, but since I don't live there, I couldn't give less of a **** about them either.

I suspect that you might have issues in no small part because of your consistent use of racial epithets, including some against my own race(I'm Asian) and yes, we're competitive and mean when it comes to performance. We do it to everyone, especially each other. Sometimes, the Japanese kill ourselves when we don't pass an exam for the sake of honor. You're not especially hazed because you're American. Its just how we are to everyone.

I've seen too many guys say 'respect' when they mean 'passive.' At any rate, though, I can give compliments without incurring defensiveness in my experience, which is nice, since I honestly like to give compliments for the sake of doing so. People should know that they are wonderful, or lovely.

Latest posts

Back