Goodbye Hank2, Hello Walley!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walley

Reaction score
Some of you may notice that Hank2 and all his posts have been taken over by Walley. and I understand that it may be confusing (or just plain silly) to some people, but I thought I would provide and explaination about why it was important to me to have my user account name changed just as I am getting familliar with this place.

there is a meaning behind it, and to tell the truth, there is a meaning behind almost everything I do and say. sometimes the meaning isn't immeadiately clear, to anyone including myself, but as a dedicated follower of fate.. everything becomes clear in retrospect.

to start off, I will admit that neither Hank nor Walley is my real name. they are just my online names, but do have some signifigance to me and I will explain why for anyone willing to read my ramblings.

back in around the year 2000 i was starting into pcs as a hobby. when i first got onto the net my brother gave me a bunch of game cds.
So, one night while my wife was working late, i got to playing a game.
After a while i ended up getting lost in a swamp and then desided to go into the game chat channels to ask for help.
I made the name hank2 (because my characters name hank was taken) and I joined a channel.
The moment I said; "can anyone tell me how to get out of the swamp?"
bam! I was kicked!
I felt shocked like i got a slap in the face. I sat there a second thinking wtf did i say? And so i went back in.
then instantly.. poof kicked again. and repeatedly after as i tried to rejoin.
So i logged out in a huff and stood up and walked away from the pc feeling like giving up.
But by the time i got across the room something hit me and i desided to turn around.
I then turned into a robot at that moment.
I went back in and made a new account named Walley off the top of my head.. and went straight back to that channel.
But this time i brought my witts with me though, and i let him have a piece of my mind then left the channel before I could be kicked.
As soon as i had left the room i recieved a pm and was dragged into another channel where i was praised for what i said and asked to join a guild lol.
The person that dragged me into that room turned into a friend and together her and i went on to build a guild of 300 members at its peak.
And so ever since then.. Hank2 has always been my nic in times of weakness and Walley in times of strength.
When i came to ALL i was without friends and feeling weak. where as now.. i have made 2 very good friends on this site and a couple other friends ive only yet begun to get to know.
I am feeling more like Walley now. and those ive got to know via pm know me as walley.
I am done hiding and feeling isolated, I am out of my shell now and reclaiming my proper user name.

I also want to take this oppurotunity to thank the staff of this site.
not only for going out of their way to help me achieve this change (which I realise is not something they normally would like to do) but also for the good work they do here. I have been on many forums over the years and even been on staff of some, and I know that it isnt easy to manage people with a fair and even hand, but the active staff i've seen here since I registered are a special breed and I personally feel that they represent this community very well and should be praised for it as often as we can.

thank you all, and thank you ALL and thanks to everyone on this site just for hanging out here.
and most off all, thank you to those that chose to call me a friend :)

\/\/alle¥

I'm glad things worked out for you. Sometimes I wish I could change my name but I get used to SophiaGrace after a while again.

*shrug*

If it helps you feel better about yourself, i'm all for it!

Latest posts

Back