Greatest loss?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokenInside

Reaction score
What is the greatest loss? A loved one's death? Being left behind is worse because you have to be with your usual surrounding, usual routine and this loved one is not around you anymore.

So many different types of losses.... I don't think one is any less painful than another... I lost my mother when I was 11. I miss her dearly, even after 20 some odd years. I miss Ex's....I miss old friends that I lost contact with....I've lost a dear pet just last year.

Our grief reminds us of all that we do have to be grateful for. <3

Hope you are feeling ok.

My greatest losses felt has centered around interpersonal relationships.

As for my grandfather passing away in 2005, he is still in my heart & mind and think about him in the present tense as if he was alive - I still say my grandparents house.

Mine was my wife dying. My mom passed away when I was a kid, and I still think about that too. I've had other losses, but nothing has hurt more than someone I love passing away.

My grandmother passing away. Even when I lose everything else, including my mind, she will always be the greatest lost to me. Just seems like most everything else trickled into a downward spiral after she died.

I have never experienced death of anyone close to me so I can't really comment on that type of loss. I mourn the loss of my innocence when I was raped at the age of 5. That was death to me, it killed my self-esteem, my self-worth and it killed much of my future. I am in my 40's now and that loss still affects me even after years of healing. However, I do love myself now and know that I am worth much more than I was treated as a child.

I'd say my Nanny & Grandad (mothers parents) they were basically parents to me as well. Miss them so much. R.I.P.

Also lost other members of my family. My Aunty and Great Nanny... R.I.P.

I Would say these are my greatest losses.

Latest posts

Back