How does the loss of a loved one affect you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azariah

Reaction score
I've never really lost anyone close to me. The closest person was my fourth grade teacher. When I was in the fifth grade I found out and was just like "Oh....". I knew it was a sad thing but I didn't cry or anything. Is that a normal reaction to death?

How have you reacted to the loss of a loved one? I think maybe I would be more emotional if it was my mom or dad but I'm not sure. Discuss.

Makes me wanna rip my heart out my chest dig up a 12ft grave and stuff it inside a skeleton 😇 How I reacted? Screamed cried… spent their… death money … cried some more…. Entertained his married best friend like a bad daughter and finally… spent every other week at his grave side, washing it, talking to it, contemplating religion, contemplating why he left me… why I have to go on without him…

People feel lost, confused, angry, sad, nervous, basically a range of emotions when we loose a loved one. I am more negative since loosing everybody that I loved. But, watching them suffer and deteriorate before dying was much more difficult. I watched the health care system fail them all so now I stay away from it. I dread the day I have to turn to the health care system for help. I now understand why older people avoid going to the doctors.

I've never really lost anyone close to me. The closest person was my fourth grade teacher. When I was in the fifth grade I found out and was just like "Oh....". I knew it was a sad thing but I didn't cry or anything. Is that a normal reaction to death?

How have you reacted to the loss of a loved one? I think maybe I would be more emotional if it was my mom or dad but I'm not sure. Discuss.
I lost my brother,he died 7 years ago,it was very devastating to me, it still is very hard,and life goes on,but I know he is watching over me every day,and that brings me peace of mind knowing that he would never let anything happen to my family and I.

My mom, dad, sister and best friend have all died. Everyone reacts differently when grieving. Have you heard of the 5 stages of grief by Kubler Ross?

Latest posts

Back