Greetings

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Machinarium

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this is very awkward for me so try not to cringe please.

So I dont even know how to introduce myself (i didnt even want to but i have to change these bad habits of mine), okey so I am 28 yo male, I am from a small country called Tunisia in north Africa (I always hated this part when i talk about my origins and where I live because of obvious reasons i guess)

I found this forum by chance after I googled "forum about loneliness", and after I've read many of your stories and thoughts I've decided to make an account and try to share some of mine too, maybe. 

Sorry for my bad English, it is my 3rd language and I basically have learnt it from video games and movies :p

Thanks again to whomever reading this and hope that you have a good day

Welcome Mac.

From video games and movies? You did an amazing job. I don't know what the "obvious reasons" are because i have always found Tunisia to be an interesting country.

Minus said:
Welcome Mac.

From video games and movies? You did an amazing job.  I don't know what the "obvious reasons" are because i have always found Tunisia to be an interesting country.

Thanks for your kindness good sir, well true that maybe it is not so obvious like i thought but let's put it that way, the majority of ppl I talked to in the internet just start to avoid me after mentioning my origins lol can't blame them tho after all what happened in the world lately.

From video games and movies? You did an amazing job.

Thanks, years and years of just playing online videogames did the trick i guess

Machinarium said:
Sorry for my bad English, it is my 3rd language and I basically have learnt it from video games and movies :p

Oh so you learned a lot of slang and curse words then. LOL

Sci-Fi said:
Machinarium said:

Oh so you learned a lot of slang and curse words then.  LOL

But of course, but I am usually calm when I play I rarely rage or start blaming and insulting team mates unless they are utter noobs ofc.

In another story I really feel less lonely just by reading your stories guys. Most of them are extremely sad but somehow it is heartwarming to see that some human somewhere even if he is in the other side of the planet sharing all these thoughts and experiences with the rest of the world, what a time to be alive huh

LOVE Tunisia, have some good friends come from there. You should be proud of the place, it's one of the rare democracies in that corner of the globe to be peaceful lol. Welcome to the site, Mac. Excellenet job indeed with the English, shows of a superior mind when you learn it just by watching tv or games (although I might just be biased, that's how I learned mine) ;-)

Richard_39 said:
LOVE Tunisia, have some good friends come from there. You should be proud of the place, it's one of the rare democracies in that corner of the globe to be peaceful lol. Welcome to the site, Mac. Excellenet job indeed with the English, shows of a superior mind when you learn it just by watching tv or games (although I might just be biased, that's how I learned mine) ;-)

First thanks for your reply ^^ 

So yeah Tunisia is not that bad as a country for sure, specially when you compare it to our neighbors. But without getting into details (not yet i want to write a good story of my own and post it one day :p ) Tunisia is like any other under development country out there; a lot of corruption, poverty, no job opportunities and a lot of oppression. 
Maybe I am exaggerating things but you know what they say: the grass is always greener on the other side.

Speaking about English maybe the fact that my mother tongue is Arabic explains why I find any other language way easier to learn, unless it is Chinese or some weird looking language like ours.

Welcome, Machinarium! I like your name, but then again, I like almost every name there is. It's one of my slightly unneccessary and also maybe a bit too strong interests, hehe :D

I'm with Minus, it ain't clear why Tunisia would be a bad place to me. Well, it may be warm, but that's about it. And for learning English from games, you have done a really great job! What games do you play?

I hope you'll have a good time around here ^_^

Hey! 
Welcome to the forums! 
I'm actually not too far from you, and honestly, I too feel a little wary about mentioning my country too. People have such an emotional response to these things, and I don't want to necessarily have that response connected to me. It's not like you can choose, where you are born, heh. 
Arabic is a beautiful language. And I really think that people here will see you for who you are, not for the country you are from. 
What is the third language you speak, by the way? English, Arabic, and?

Machinarium said:

So I dont even know how to introduce myself (i didnt even want to but i have to change these bad habits of mine), okey so I am 28 yo male, I am from a small country called Tunisia in north Africa (I always hated this part when i talk about my origins and where I live because of obvious reasons i guess)

I found this forum by chance after I googled "forum about loneliness", and after I've read many of your stories and thoughts I've decided to make an account and try to share some of mine too, maybe. 

Weeeeelllcoooommmeeee :D

Don't worry, pretty sure most of us here are pretty awkward at intros as well hehe. I don't get why you'd dislike talking about your country of origin (As with the other readers) so maybe it's kind of an Automatic Negative Thoughts (ANT) mental process which you've learned through the years due to experiences with ppl when you talk about it?

Would love to get to know you better! Let's be buddies woooooo~
Also, your english is really good from learning via this way hahaha! I remember my time in Europe, when I met this couple who both spoke pretty good English and when I asked how they learned?

Their respond was: "Hollywood" 

That got me laugh hahaha but it was really cool how they were able to communicate just because they watch lots of movies!

Now, I see your name and I know you've wrecked your head at some point in your gaming life hehe. That dang beautiful robot puzzle game "Machinarium"! I still remember my friend introducing that game to me WITHOUT letting me know there's a way to get hints if you can't figure the puzzle out lol!

He sure had a blast watching me rage, that dick lol.

Didn't finish the game though hmm... Perhaps I'd make a Let's Play of it to finish what my friend got me started years ago... Gotta prepare for the rage when I have to wreck my head again XD

What've you been playing recently? :)

Sci-Fi said:
Machinarium said:

LOL it's exactly what I'd ask to learn from someone when I know that they are familiar with a foreign language that I ain't!

Meaw said:
Welcome, Machinarium! I like your name, but then again, I like almost every name there is. It's one of my slightly unneccessary and also maybe a bit too strong interests, hehe :D

I'm with Minus, it ain't clear why Tunisia would be a bad place to me. Well, it may be warm, but that's about it. And for learning English from games, you have done a really great job! What games do you play?

Now you got me thinking, how did Meaw come about? Is it like a play on for your love for kitty cats, Meoowwww~?
XD

Do you play video games too? What do you usually find yourself playing? :D

Perhaps I can make a thread for gamers here to get together for sessions! What do you guys think??

It makes me happy to see all these replies, it has been a while i got any kind of attention or human interaction I guess lol
Sorry was a little bit busy lately and couldnt have time to log in yet to reply.

Meaw said:

Thanks a lot mate, I play almost every kind of game I can lay my hands on, fps, rpg, action, sports literally everything lol but lately I am trying to quit online videogames becoz I need to start worrying about work (bah I am 28 yo after all) so no more World of Warcraft and CS:GO for a while :(

dead said:
Hey! 
Welcome to the forums! 
I'm actually not too far from you, and honestly, I too feel a little wary about mentioning my country too. People have such an emotional response to these things, and I don't want to necessarily have that response connected to me. It's not like you can choose, where you are born, heh. 
Arabic is a beautiful language. And I really think that people here will see you for who you are, not for the country you are from. 
What is the third language you speak, by the way? English, Arabic, and?
Thanks my brother ^^ I totally feel you and I think not everyone knows the struggle of being labeled as *insert general stereotype about country/race here* over and over again...
Anyhow I am used to it and it doesnt bother me now as it used to. I speak Arabic, French and English by the way, since Tunisia used to be a french colony.

HappyBread said:
Machinarium said:

Weeeeelllcoooommmeeee :D

Don't worry, pretty sure most of us here are pretty awkward at intros as well hehe. I don't get why you'd dislike talking about your country of origin (As with the other readers) so maybe it's kind of an Automatic Negative Thoughts (ANT) mental process which you've learned through the years due to experiences with ppl when you talk about it?

Would love to get to know you better! Let's be buddies woooooo~
Also, your english is really good from learning via this way hahaha! I remember my time in Europe, when I met this couple who both spoke pretty good English and when I asked how they learned?

Their respond was: "Hollywood" 

That got me laugh hahaha but it was really cool how they were able to communicate just because they watch lots of movies!

Now, I see your name and I know you've wrecked your head at some point in your gaming life hehe. That dang beautiful robot puzzle game "Machinarium"! I still remember my friend introducing that game to me WITHOUT letting me know there's a way to get hints if you can't figure the puzzle out lol!

He sure had a blast watching me rage, that dick lol.

Didn't finish the game though hmm... Perhaps I'd make a Let's Play of it to finish what my friend got me started years ago... Gotta prepare for the rage when I have to wreck my head again XD

What've you been playing recently? :)

Sci-Fi said:
Machinarium said:

LOL it's exactly what I'd ask to learn from someone when I know that they are familiar with a foreign language that I ain't!

Meaw said:

Now you got me thinking, how did Meaw come about? Is it like a play on for your love for kitty cats, Meoowwww~?
XD

Do you play video games too? What do you usually find yourself playing? :D

Perhaps I can make a thread for gamers here to get together for sessions! What do you guys think??

Thanks a lot buddy for your kind reply, well we study basic English in high school and at university but I only start to really understand how it works when I found myself playing online 8 to 10 hours a day and had to use teamspeak. Playing videogames is not just a hobby of mine, it is just my only effective drug that use to forget about real life and all the bastards I have to deal with everyday. 

Lately, like i said above, I am trying to quit online gaming (WoW and Cs:go mostly) so just some casual single player games, I am going to spend this weekend playing Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice probably.

About Machinarium, yes indeed that game was epic, despite being a little indie game, you can clearly sense the huge amount of love and care invested into its creation that is why I loved it so much, and somehow I felt related to that little robot.

EveWasFramed said:

Thanks a lot ^^

Definitely don't feel cringy or awkward about posting here, none of us really know what to say for our first post... I sure as heck didn't, so I overcompensated by writing a lot of stuff.

I am from a small country called Tunisia in north Africa (I always hated this part when i talk about my origins and where I live because of obvious reasons i guess)

I think that one of the beauties of this site is that we're from all over the world, but we all came here for similar reasons. Like you said, I was Google searching a similar string; I was in a very dark place, so I searched for a site or forum about loneliness. Thankfully I found ALL.

Sorry for my bad English, it is my 3rd language and I basically have learnt it from video games and movies

Your English is just fine, especially considering that it is a third language. There are many native English speakers that can't grasp basic spelling, and to be fair English is a difficult language. Trust me, you're doing fine.

I used to play WOW as well, although it was mainly back in vanilla. I had a whole team comprised of classmates, family, and the guy temporarily living with us. Those were the good old days, and I look back at them with rose-colored glasses... all attempts to reclaim those good feelings have fallen flat because WOW is just a shell of what it used to be. In small doses, I still sometimes game... PUBG (PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds) mostly. I don't have a lot of time to game lately, but when I do I'm just absolutely abysmal at it, so I get discouraged quickly. :p

Anyways, welcome to ALonelyLife. Glad to have you with us. :)

Tunisia! That's where Star Wars was filmed! (I'm a Star Wars junkie). Some day I hope to make a pilgrimage there and see the site. As someone else said, there is no reason to be ashamed of where you are from. You didn't have a choice in where you were born from. Plus, just look at everyone here, we are from all different countries, but still on this site. What does that say?

Anyways, welcome to the site Machinarium. I'm glad you are here with us.

Latest posts

Back