Guys will only be your friend if you're hot and/ or because of potential for sex...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Luna

So because I don't put out 24/7...and I'm not sexy...no guy wants to be my friend.
Why would they hang around some chick that's plain looking and won't tolerate being a FWB?

I've gone on a few meetups with girls - and it seems that their main interest are men.
I'm not one of those girls that has several hot male friends so the girls don't want to know me either. When they open their mouths: "Men, men, men".

I just finished a Meetup...lololol....bahhh.

I'd like to make friends but the person I went with (relative who is 1000x hotter than me and more than twice my age) kept getting swarmed by men and women for friendship. I tried to talk to people but at times, they redirected their focus on her when she started talking...she much hotter.
She and I agreed that they came off as desperate - like hungry wolves.
If that makes me a jerk for agreeing, so be it! :p
She used me as an excuse to leave because they all surrounded her asking her for coffee, her phone number etc.
I bet those guys are so pissed at me.
She wants me to come with her to all future meetups so I can serve as a cockblock lololol.

I remember one time I was walking behind her and blocked her ass view so the fellas were mad.
Sorry men! I'll stay away from your eyesight and ladies...I won't bother you with my many OTHER interests other than men!

Waaaaaaaaaahhh...lolol...y r ppl all so h0rny??

I'm ok...I'm ok...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

funnyforeveralonefriend.gif

LUNA = I AM WILLING TO BE PAID PAYPAL CDN (USD...BOOO!) FOR COCKBLOCKING SERVICES.

FOREVERALONE...ALONE...ALONE...ALONE...ALONE...ALONE...ALONE...ALONE...(sobs hysterically into keyboard)...
FOREVERALONE...ALONE...ALONE...ALONE...ALONE...ALONE...ALONE...ALONE...(sobs hysterically into keyboard)...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH AT THE SAD THAT IS ME.

I feel sorry for you, but i just thought i'd say that not all guys are the way you said they are, I never think about sex or looks when choosing who i so much as talk to, i think about who'll be able to be a friend to me, In fact I find it harder to talk to ANY females about anything, i can't talk to any irl anyway.

It sounds like you meet craptastic guys. Almost all of my friends are male, and I'm so not hot, and I haven't had sex since 2004. Likelihood of me suddenly changing my mind and knocking boots with one of them? Very, very, very small. I hope you meet cooler males in the future.

Whoah! Am I reading this right?

Luna said:
it seems that their main interest are men.

(...)

This changes everything... It all makes sense!
Quick! Alfred - prepare my tuxedo! Plans have been changed!

well, I am sorry you meet guys who are just looking for sex.

But keep in mind that some of them may just be looking for potential partners (that's what meetups are for, right?) rather than "sex"

I'm sorry, hun.

Well my experience with meetups is there are always more girls than men. I too kinda just got back from a meetup dinner on Saturday and sorry to say, I felt kinda depressed during the meetup.

There were four of us ladies and only one guy. And that one guy seemed quite of an eligible bachelor and all the ladies were practically throwing themselves at him. But I can tell that he was interested in the prettiest one (obviously not me).

I agree with you though, that most people (both men and women) pay attention to the most hottest looking girl in a group even if she was the most boring, quiet and uninteresting person on the earth. That's just the way men are. They are after all, very graphic and visual.

I have a lady friend that I am not physically attracted to. I wish we could spend more time together, but she has her responsibilities that make her unavailable and I have an awkward living situation (taking care of my mom, who rarely leaves the house) that keeps me from inviting her over to play video games, board games, watch movies, etc. Someday this will change. In the meantime, we hook up occasionally to spend time out. I like hanging out with women.

I'm not like that at all, for what it's worth. I've spent my life trying to be the good guy that women say they want, but I keep getting screwed over. It seems to me that most women just want the guys that are jerks, thinking that he'll finally stop being a jerk for her. In the meantime, I get overlooked for having something wrong with me for being decent.

bootlegspm said:
I'm not like that at all, for what it's worth. I've spent my life trying to be the good guy that women say they want, but I keep getting screwed over. It seems to me that most women just want the guys that are jerks, thinking that he'll finally stop being a jerk for her. In the meantime, I get overlooked for having something wrong with me for being decent.

Well in this case whether they *want* you or not is irrevelent for the purposes of this thread as we're talking about forming "friendships" here :p

Anyway in my case I find that I don't usually have a lot in common with most women I know, or they have a stance similar to Jales where they wont be platonic friends with males after getting a partner. Though that sort of smacks of an unhealthy lack of trust imo, but it is what it is.

Well I think you're (hello), does that disqualify me from friendshipness with you?

*smiles*

id just like to point out that not all guys want the stereotypical "hot" girl. what most guys would describe as "plain" is what i actually find attractive. i hate fake beauty. i dont find it attractive at all. as far as being friends with women i dont and have never really ever had a regular female friend. other than talking to some online or at work, i dont talk to any regularly. i have almost never really hung out with any, definitely not ever regularly. appearance has nothing to do with it, its part of my shyness.

Unfortunately that is the way it works. Males fall for females, females fall for males; it is completely inevitable. I believe the only reason we humans have "friends" with the opposite-sex is that we're interested in them. We tend to form real friendship with people of our same-sex, and attraction with people of the opposite-sex.

Very rarely will one find someone who wants to be only friends with the opposite-sex. Painful, but, in my opinion is truth.

I know myself I would not be friends with a female if it weren't me interested in her.

Your statement is somewhat true, guys will fall for girls who they are interested in. And so is the same case with girls. In terms of attractiveness, that depends on the person. There is bound to be someone, male, interested in you who will gladly be your friend and later boyfriend and later your husband.

edgecrusher said:
id just like to point out that not all guys want the stereotypical "hot" girl. what most guys would describe as "plain" is what i actually find attractive. i hate fake beauty. i dont find it attractive at all. as far as being friends with women i dont and have never really ever had a regular female friend. other than talking to some online or at work, i dont talk to any regularly. i have almost never really hung out with any, definitely not ever regularly. appearance has nothing to do with it, its part of my shyness.

Hmm okay. See the thing is here is that, most guys who are out there want a hot girl. But the ones that don't mind a plain one are hiding themselves inside their rooms and are almost unheard of or unfound of. lol. Most guys like you, who say they're not into sex or hot girls are usually the ones who hardly ever hang around girls and that is why they think like that. If you were more outgoing and have more female friends, trust me, you'd be like those regular guys who dig hot girls too.

Well I think what the OP talks about a girl being hot doesn't necessarily mean the girl wears a ton of make up and have enlarged breasts. There are many girls who go natural and are hot too.

I have many female friends all shapes and sizes and sexual orientation. I became friends with them because they were nice to me, NOT because I wanted to "get with them".

In my opinion, people who think guys/girls are only "friends" with each other because they want to have sex with them, only think that because it is what they are looking for. This is especially true with females, they easily confuse kindness from guys with them wanting sex out of them. I had a few female friends think I was interested in being more than just friends, just because I did something nice that I would have done for any friend, female or male.

Latest posts

Back