Guys will only be your friend if you're hot and/ or because of potential for sex...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's true, in general men bond with women they're interested in, meaning those they find sexually appealing. I was tall, slim and pretty so almost every boy in my group used to hit on me, although I had a rather uninteresting personality, but now I've lost my looks, I am now fat and ugly so they're no longer interested in me, lol.

Limlim said:
...that sort of smacks of an unhealthy lack of trust imo, but it is what it is.

I agree. Sometimes I wonder about my future and consider that if/when I do find a special one, I'll not jeopardize it by being friends with women. But I know this would be the wrong way to behave. I intend to keep reminding myself of this so that I can act firm on the matter when the time comes.

That's so untrue Luna!! I'm only friends with ugly celibate girls!! And I hope none of them read this thread because they will kill me!!

Too late the damage is done. My wrath has been unleashed. It gonna hit u by the morning (d)

xD in other words ty ty *blushes* (hehe)

To the guys that agree with the topic title :

Do you think every gay man that is your friend/acts friendly only do so because they want to have sex with you? If not, what's the difference?

I think there's every type of people in the world, and all absolute statements are wrong (including this one! ...oh wait)

Nitramici said:

Do you think every gay man that is your friend/acts friendly only do so because they want to have sex with you? If not, what's the difference?

I think there's every type of people in the world, and all absolute statements are wrong (including this one! ...oh wait)

But nonetheless, in their general sense, they can still be true and more importantly, useful for one's social manuevering.

That's putting it bluntly happyman, and I agree. I'm not sexually attracted or sexually interested in 90% of my female friends.

It actually worked the other way around with a few. One tried to push me into a relationship with her, so much so it ruined a friendship we had since grade school. Another friend I got in contact with after high school thought I was trying to pursue more. She was married (to a man) at the time. That wasn't the case, she was just a good friend and I wanted to reconnect with friends from high school. We lost touch for a few years then reconnected on facebook, where I found out she had come out. After talking for a few weeks she assumed I was trying to pursue more with her reminding me she was a lesbian. I wasn't trying to be anymore than just friends. I had the same thing happen with another female friend, who I knew had a thing for me who though just because I was trying to get in contact with her I was wanting more. She was married as well at the time, which I was well aware of before I contacted her.

Another childhood friend I had wanted to get closer to a male friend of mine, she would hang around and even dated one of his friends trying to get closer to him. He was kind of a quiet guy, not shy, just quiet. She eventually did date my friend, getting through to him via the friend route because she wanted to date him.

So in my personal experience I'd have to say that women only want to be friends because of potential sex. Not true with all my female friends but I've had that happen more than once.

The few guy friends I have didn't do this, if they were interested in a girl they would just hit on them or try to ask them out. Guys will usually forgo the "friend" route because a lot of times that is where you get stuck. That happened to my brother with a girl he liked. She didn't want to date him because he was the first real friend she made in high school. She didn't want to screw that up and lose him as a friend.

Nitramici said:

I don't agree with the title but I do see a rational as to why a homosexual male who only cares about sex would be friends with a female. If all males only wanted sex like the title says then...

1. Heterosexual males are only friends to have sex with females
2. Homosexual males are only friends with females to learn about new "ideas" for sex with other males

LostInside said:
Nitramici said:

I don't agree with the title but I do see a rational as to why a homosexual male who only cares about sex would be friends with a female. If all males only wanted sex like the title says then...

1. Heterosexual males are only friends to have sex with females
2. Homosexual males are only friends with females to learn about new "ideas" for sex with other males

I think the OP was referring to heterosexual males all along as she is heterosexual as well.

condemnedsoul666 said:
I feel sorry for you, but i just thought i'd say that not all guys are the way you said they are, I never think about sex or looks when choosing who i so much as talk to, i think about who'll be able to be a friend to me, In fact I find it harder to talk to ANY females about anything, i can't talk to any irl anyway.

Poguesy said:
What about the gay guys? :)

I think most guys like this. As for gay guys they are awful. I am 30 and I will never have a gay friend. Gay guys make an instant assessment of you that goes like this “Is it faceable? If so can I pull it? If not does it have anything I can leach from (i.e. money, celebrity, power, influence)”. And yes you are an “it” to a gay guy. They are awful shallow, vein narcissistic self absorbed people and I am ashamed to be one.

I do think that has spilled over into straight people, they are defiantly more superficial and self absorbed these days.

Face it. Loneliness is our default state. People only want you if you have something to give them. The thing to think about is what can they give you? Never let it be a one way street.

wait so...sex is bad?i mean generally if a straight male spends some time with a female he may become attracted to her(or may have been from the start),are you saying you want all men to have no sexual drive at all or be gay but still be interested in spending time with you as long as it doesn't involve any physical contact that could be sexual or interpreted as such in any way?

and you'd also like it if other women weren't interested in men or anything of a sexual nature either?it just sort of seems like you want a mannequin to lug around with you rather than actual people.(no offense,that's just sort of how it seems from the post.)

Luna said:
So because I don't put out 24/7...and I'm not sexy...no guy wants to be my friend.
Why would they hang around some chick that's plain looking and won't tolerate being a FWB?

I've gone on a few meetups with girls - and it seems that their main interest are men.
I'm not one of those girls that has several hot male friends so the girls don't want to know me either. When they open their mouths: "Men, men, men".

I just finished a Meetup...lololol....bahhh.

I'd like to make friends but the person I went with (relative who is 1000x hotter than me and more than twice my age) kept getting swarmed by men and women for friendship. I tried to talk to people but at times, they redirected their focus on her when she started talking...she much hotter.
She and I agreed that they came off as desperate - like hungry wolves.
If that makes me a jerk for agreeing, so be it! :p
She used me as an excuse to leave because they all surrounded her asking her for coffee, her phone number etc.
I bet those guys are so pissed at me.
She wants me to come with her to all future meetups so I can serve as a cockblock lololol.

I remember one time I was walking behind her and blocked her ass view so the fellas were mad.
Sorry men! I'll stay away from your eyesight and ladies...I won't bother you with my many OTHER interests other than men!

Waaaaaaaaaahhh...lolol...y r ppl all so h0rny??

I'm ok...I'm ok...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

funnyforeveralonefriend.gif

LUNA = I AM WILLING TO BE PAID PAYPAL CDN (USD...BOOO!) FOR COCKBLOCKING SERVICES.

FOREVERALONE...ALONE...ALONE...ALONE...ALONE...ALONE...ALONE...ALONE...(sobs hysterically into keyboard)...
FOREVERALONE...ALONE...ALONE...ALONE...ALONE...ALONE...ALONE...ALONE...(sobs hysterically into keyboard)...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH AT THE SAD THAT IS ME.

Sad how modren society is isn't it? I am a straight guy and i actually care about girls personalitysand feelings rather than dating them for their bodys. One of my friends thats a girl thought i was gay because she said she had a crush on a guy and i said if everything works out i hope he treats you right.

Be prepared to get that a lot JohnHenry, especially at your age. Teenagers are cruel. If you don't pop a chub everyt ime you look at a pretty girl with a nice rack, and talk to them for other purposes then getting in their pants then you'll be labeled as gay. Sad but true.

Sci-Fi said:
Be prepared to get that a lot JohnHenry, especially at your age. Teenagers are cruel. If you don't pop a chub everyt ime you look at a pretty girl with a nice rack, and talk to them for other purposes then getting in their pants then you'll be labeled as gay. Sad but true.

True story, I know from experience.

Latest posts

Back