Has anyone here gotten used to "the stare"?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Runciter said:
You guys think I find smiling at people easy? Well I do now, haven't always, but since I started I've been amazed at how many people smile back and you'd be surprised how nice it makes you feel.

Once you start getting smiles back, you would be amazed at how little you care about what the judgmental people think anymore.

This.

Sometimes, the responses aren't that great, some people just frown or pull a long face back at your smile, but oh well, then you know what type of person he/she really is.

Runciter said:
You guys think I find smiling at people easy? Well I do now, haven't always, but since I started I've been amazed at how many people smile back and you'd be surprised how nice it makes you feel.

Once you start getting smiles back, you would be amazed at how little you care about what the judgmental people think anymore.

I bet that would feel nice.

My experience has been different. I actually smile quite a lot, but people don't smile back at me (unless they were already smiling at everyone to begin with... though sometimes they'll even stop smiling when I smile at them). I suppose that seems counterintuitive, but I guess not everyone is going to get the same results with the same method. That's not to say that people shouldn't try smiling more, though.

I guess the best suggestion I can give the OP is to just keep trying different things and find whatever works for you.

Latest posts

Back