Have you ever had an imaginary friend ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I called my Pencil Joe and started talking to it, Joe became friends with my teddy bears. I wrote Joe a letter and my siblings found it and started laughing at me. I was about 9 years old

Bebeskii said:
I daydream about having a fun with my imaginary perfect friend a lot. Daydreaming before i fall asleep has become a common habit . Even in real life situations i think and make an illusion of my friend ( intelligent, handsome, tall, protective, hygienic, and so on). I only talk to him in my mind and he talks to me. If i really talk to him ( actually not there ) people will think i'm psychotic. I remember i made fool of myself when i was in the countryside with my mean cousins last summer. It was dark and the stars were so beautiful up in the sky, the air was very fresh and warm. I was just standing alone outside while everyone was indoors. Unfortunately they were all adults. I was the only teenager there. At that moment, I was enjoying a daydream about my perfect friend putting his arm around my shoulders and me doing the same. I was so into that with a smile before someone interrupted. My cousin sister asked me why my arm was in the air. I said " Dreaming " She called me stupid with a weird look. From that moment, i decided to keep my daydreaming not in real actions even if i'm alone. The whole beautiful scenes all occur inside my head. I love it because I feel very comforted. My imaginary friend goes to the same school and we do a lot activities around my hometown. I just connect real life situations into my daydreaming. mmm How can i say it. For example, in the library i'm sitting alone in corner of the room, I imagine my friend is sitting next to me and having a nice conversation, I'm looking at my friend and talking, but i would look completely normal in real life; you know just sitting normal and reading. Am i the only one who daydream like that with an imaginary friend ? My imaginations are so vivid and have a sense of vision, sound, and touch.
From what I've just wrote I realise that how lonely and inferior i am. :sigh: :(

Hey dude I'll be your friend

Latest posts

Back