Have you got a favourite Saying/Quote?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twinkle

Reaction score
Mine is 'Live your life - Don't let it live you'

So many people in life expect us to live our life the way they want us to live it...
Well, as long as I know I haven't hurt anyone knowingly along the way, then I will live my life the way I feel is best for me.

I have two favorite quotes and they are both 2 of 4 things I wrote as my signature.

They are:

"I find loneliness is a physical pain...which hurts all over. You can't isolate it in one part of your body."
-Brad Davis as Billy Hayes in the movie "Midnight Express"

“An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.”
-Mahatma Gandhi, (attributed)

^
Ehh, googling that does nothing. Does it mean... Endure strength?

Just about anything from Zappa. Here's a particularly good one that everyone her should appreciate:

"I think it's really tragic when people get serious about stuff. It's such an absurdity to take anything really seriously ... I make an honest attempt not to take anything seriously: I worked that attitude out about the time I was eighteen, I mean, what does it all mean when you get right down to it, what's the story here? Being alive is so weird."

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit."
— Mark Twain

Well...

All of you have a good collection...
One of my favorite is:
"Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more."

And life seems such a trial
Above the clouds theres a bright blue sky
So make your tears a smile.

As you travel on lifes way
With its many ups and downs
Remember its quite true to say
One smile is worth a dozen frowns.

Among the worlds expensive things
A smile is very cheap
And when you give a smile away,
You get one back to keep.

Shoot for the moon, because even if you miss you'll land amongst the stars, Or something like that, i can't remember who said it though.

Thanks Arleen, I always wanted to know how to install a toilet. :D (wary)

My favorite is in my siggy. I have a lot I like tho

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -Sirius Black, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

“In my mind, I envision a world without cheating, without hate, without war. And then I imagine us attacking that world, because they’d never expect it.”

Twinkle said:
Mine is 'Live your life - Don't let it live you'

So many people in life expect us to live our life the way they want us to live it...
Well, as long as I know I haven't hurt anyone knowingly along the way, then I will live my life the way I feel is best for me.

all women look the same in the dark !

Latest posts

Back