Having to do stuff alone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bluey

When anything big happens that no one can help with at the end of the day where all alone anyway.

Like if we have to go and have an operation are a driving test, At the end of the day we have to do this things all on our own no matter how much support we get be for are after. It can and is a very scary thing.

Like the old saying goes we die alone. So why dose it suck so much when we feel alone? weird we are. Maybe I have to much time on my hands? are maybe am just a deep thinker. ether way I don't think ether one of those things help you any.

So I get to my point lol what was the point I was thinking of? that dame rambling!

oh yea there it was,,,

How many things are there that at the end of the day you have to do alone.

1, Having a operation This you don't have to but could die are be left in pain if you don't.

2, Taking a driving test. But for this you don't have to do.

3, Dieing :( are :) The smiley sad are happy is of course depending how you feel about it

How many moor is there? Maybe us lot hear have to learn to be stronger and just deal with it? Are is this dealing with it? And do we have a chows whether to be strong are not? I think we have a chows whether are not to be a victim are not.

well maybe

Bluey, I totally agree with you! And I think we do have a choice whether to be a victim or not. I was a victim for quite awhile, I suffered and you know what, one day I just decided enough was enough. I'm not ever going to be a victim again!!!!I'm not going to let things happen to me, I'm going to make things happen in my life. We shouldn't have to be alone, nor do things alone. Even going to a doctor alone is scary. So I can relate to what you wrote here completely.

Well a while ago I decided that I would go to the movies every couple of weeks. It didn't last long, have you ever been to the movies on your own? Everyone else was together in couples or families and I was by myself,I felt right out of place and isolated, so I don't go anymore.

Yea I completely agree that we have the choice to be a victim or not. I'm not saying that we all have the choice to have friends or not, but rather a choice on our perception of loneliness. You can accept it as a part of your life and let it make you stronger or you can let it consume you and get you down all the time. Whenever I feel lonely I think about how everyone else in the world is unified in feeling this way at one time or another and it makes me feel normal, which is nice :)

There are a lot of things you have to do alone I can think of one right now: Taking tests- because no matter how hard you study with others, it's you taking the test, not them, I study alone.

Well I'm tired of doing things 100% by myself(take away my mom,2 siblings and 2 dogs),I've done things by myself for over 19 years now and for onces in my life i would like to have adult friends and a boyfriend to do things with in my life.How many times can you do things by yourself before it's time for some type of balance?I want my alone time but i need human contact and in depth conversation but i can't find true people offline only online.I'm so frustrated.

bluey said:
How many moor is there? Maybe us lot hear have to learn to be stronger and just deal with it? Are is this dealing with it? And do we have a chows whether to be strong are not? I think we have a chows whether are not to be a victim are not.

For me, it's not so much the "doing things alone" part of it. I'm completely capable of doing things alone (I have to be). It's more of the support behind doing stuff that I miss. The feeling that someone else in the background acknowledges my existence on this planet, and that existence means something.

I can choose whether or not I want to be a victim, but it's not going to make me any less lonely...unfortunately.

I think the world today is becoming more and more of a sad place because we have sooo many people choosing to be alone..I know people rather be alone then be with a good man or woman.

I think the world today is becoming more and more of a sad place because we have sooo many people choosing to be alone..I know people rather be alone then be with a good man or woman.

Living with someone means having to make concessions and some people aren't ready to do so.

i will tell you what,,i have 3 beautiful kids,,i love them with all i have,,,but yess sometimes the alone time i wish i had,,,,i remember before i had them i was always lonely wondering if id ever have anyone in my life,,,,and people would tell me well wait for the right man before you have kids,,,but i guess life don't work that way,,i have the kids but no man to help me with them,,,my alone time don't come often but i do appreciate it,,,but then again i feel lonely too:( kids don't make you less lonely,,,all i wanted was to feel appreciated in life,,to have someone who would love me no matter what,,,i can tell you that yes they probably do love me(kids) but **** it just don't seem like they do sometimes:(

Chris-Sabian said:

Living with someone means having to make concessions and some people aren't ready to do so.

very good point

JustLost said:
For me, it's not so much the "doing things alone" part of it. I'm completely capable of doing things alone (I have to be). It's more of the support behind doing stuff that I miss. The feeling that someone else in the background acknowledges my existence on this planet, and that existence means something.

I can choose whether or not I want to be a victim, but it's not going to make me any less lonely...unfortunately.

That is EXACTLY how i feel. wow.

Me too. I'm fine doing things alone, in fact some things I like doing better alone, like shopping because when I go I know exactly what I want and don't want to waste time. But it's nice to know that someone was interested in how my day went and wants to know more about my life. When no one calls me that's when I really get depressed. I'm calling my ex now. Blah.

bluey said:
How many things are there that at the end of the day you have to do alone.

You have to make your own choices. People can give you advice or even try to influence your decisions in life, but at the end of the day it's your life and you make your choices alone.

I wish I was the "lone wolf"...The guy that doesn't need anyone but himself and a strong will to get things done. I'm not that guy. I need a pat on the back occasionally, or god forbid a hug. Sometimes you just need somebody there to tell you you're doing a good job.

JustLost said:
I wish I was the "lone wolf"...The guy that doesn't need anyone but himself and a strong will to get things done. I'm not that guy. I need a pat on the back occasionally, or god forbid a hug. Sometimes you just need somebody there to tell you you're doing a good job.

You're doing a "good job" at fooling yourself my dear.

Somehow I think that if you had the choice between having that person telling you you're doing a good job, and being the lone wolf.... well personally I'd chose to have that person. We're only human, afterall.

But yes...I try to trick myself into believing I'd be better off all alone sometimes....an attempt to justify the way I'm feeling.

diamond-dancer said:
You're doing a "good job" at fooling yourself my dear.

Somehow I think that if you had the choice between having that person telling you you're doing a good job, and being the lone wolf.... well personally I'd chose to have that person. We're only human, afterall.

But yes...I try to trick myself into believing I'd be better off all alone sometimes....an attempt to justify the way I'm feeling.

You think I'm fooling myself? How? If anything, I'm being honest with myself. I WISH I could trick myself into thinking I was better off alone. It just doesn't work.

I spend way too much time by myself,

I often find i feel better after watching inspirational shows such as scrubs and will and grace, I like to buy the dvd sets cause i can watch them wheever i want, and a lot of times i just stay up really late and watch them while playing my guitar, sometimes if i feel up to it i jog or swim, if you go at a relaxed pace it can feel quite calming.

For me it isn't so much the doing everything alone that hurts, since it's always been that way but it's the fighting against everyone to do it part that's so very hard on me. :(

dvd sets of tv shows are.... way too much fun.

i have a few... actually, it's probably bad that i watch so many episodes in a row that i start to identify more with the characters' lives than with my own (scrubs and sex&the city are the worst for this!!!). it's like i just want to see what happens next - i get so attached to them and it becomes my reality.

then i turn the tv off, and remember OHHHHH CRAP I HAVE AN EXAM TOMORROW...hehehe :p

haha

ya it's just that i identify with JD so much, his inner monologs how and how he's really passive.

i have a chem test and a stats quiz tomorrow too.

ahhh internet how i love you so
it hurts

Latest posts

Back