Hello.. everyone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elleisg

Reaction score
I've been feeling very depressed for the past week or so. I didn't know what to do, I've been miserable and confused, but then I found this site. So I decided to make an account..

I am 17 years old and painfully shy with this kind of thing.

I've recently learned that I am a very funny, likable, and unique person. But I have no real friends whatsoever. I have no friends to go to for my problems, or anyone to hang out with OUTSIDE of school. It's not even that I'm unpopular either. I get along very well with most of my peers, I can never reach that level of friendship that can work outside of school. I look forward to going to school just for the people most of the time. I've never had a best friend.

I have a boyfriend, but I primarily see him on Saturdays. My emotions are so out of whack that I can't properly express my love for him right now. He just came back from a week vacation in Florida and I feel shy around him.

I am scared to ask my mother out often if I can go out sometimes, because I feel like she'll scold me or complain or make me feel uncomfortable for asking, because she's done that in the past. But then she complains when I stay in the house everyday. I just avoid her altogether.

I have a blog on tumblr, hoping to share everyday experiences with other people and make friends while I'm at it. But after a year, I get the feeling that no one even reads it. I feel like I've wasted so much time. And hope.

I am very sorry if I typed too much. I just needed to vent.

All I really want are some real friends. So .. hi.

Welcome. You can certainly find friends here. :)

And I can relate to what you said. I've been the same way with friends a lot of the time. In high school I was generally well liked and got along with everyone, but didn't do anything with those people outside of school. Now I'm looking forward to going back to school soon to be back around people again. But it can be tough being in that situation.

Latest posts

Back