Hello everyone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

wallflower79

I was on this forum before, years ago, thought I'd try again. 

I am wallflower79, and I thought this website would be good place for me to work on my social anxiety. I'm 29 years old from the US - Wisconsin - trying to figure out how to adult, lol. I lost a job somewhat recently after a hospital stay from a nervous breakdown and now I'm trying to get my life back together. Being without a job has led me to waste a lot of time on social media, which in turn has led me into a kind of depression seeing so many of my friends married and with kids and just generally being more productive members of society than myself so that's why I decided to join again. I did not have a bad experience before, I just decided it wasn't for me before, but here I am back again, though I doubt anyone would remember me- I hardly posted. I am trying to better myself, so I work out a couple times a week, try to learn German and Italian on a foreign language app, and am working on a certification so that I can get another job.

I'm very responsive to messages, almost to a fault, and I would like to meet some new people, so don't hesitate to message me :)

Welcome back.
I think I do remember you from before. Sorry to hear that things have been so difficult for you recently.
I hope you can find a little something here that's helpful.

Welcome back Wallflower79 :)

It sounds like you are heading back to a fruitful path :) I hope you find what you are looking for here :)

Hey, welcome (back?). :)

Those are certainly some hard circumstances, but one sentence was really ringing close to home for me: "has led me into a kind of depression seeing so many of my friends married and with kids and just generally being more productive members of society than myself so that's why I decided to join again". I know exactly how you feel with this one- and it's one of the contributing reasons as to why I'm so absent on social media at this point in my life... feels like all I can do is make snarky comments on my successful friends' timeline haha.

Hey Wallflower79,

Pleased to meet you, social media can work on a persons mental health like that, seeing all those "perfectly" happy couples with their well groomed babies and kids. It's hard on me at times too.

Keep working on yourself, especially the feeling good about who and how you are part, alone at 29 is nothing to be ashamed off, and neither is having a nervous breakdown or losing a job because of it, you name allot of things you do to actively better yourself, I just hope your doing them for yourself and not because you think it's expected off you in any way, society likes to put labels on those that differ in the slightest way from the "norm", tear them off, don't let society weigh on you with it's obsessive compulsion off dictating what is normal.

Enough "psychobabble", welcome back to the forums,

I'll see you around!

Thanks, everyone! That really helps to feel I am not alone. Sometimes I post things on facebook or something and they get no responses and I feel like I am talking to myself, so it is nice to be heard. I remember you, EveWasFramed, it's just surprising you remember me. I remember doing a skype chat and then freaking out later, idk why. It's nice to meet everyone :)

Latest posts

Back