Hello from me.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yume

Reaction score
Well, hello.

Well... I'm a very shy man with few friends (13, according to Facebook, which is stretching the definition of "friend" to the limit) and basically no social outlet—I work in a tiny office with just two other guys, both with very busy social lives who live over an hour away. So... here it is, Friday night, and this is basically the most exciting thing that's going to happen to me all weekend.

I guess I'm just here to try to get advice for improving my self-esteem and things like that. No, not advice; I know all the answers ("Find something you're really passionate about and put all your energy into it!" "You could join a community group, volunteer at a church, or try going to bar." "Just go up to her and say 'hi!'"), but I just can't pull it off. So I guess it's encouragement I want.

Okay, I'm just going to click "Submit" rather than agonize over whether my introduction is uber-impressive and everyone's enthralled.

Ciao

Welcome to the site. :)

I think we all need a little encouragement from time to time- reassurance that we're not the only ones that have to deal with these things. You're not alone.

Take care and good luck *hugs*

Let me just say that intro was uber impressive and I was enthralled :D Dont worry man there are a lot of really nice, encouraging people here. Welcome to the lonely alliance.

Hi!

Those bits of advice are lame... no wonder you couldn't do it; you'd probably have fallen asleep in the attempt.
Why not join an anarchist group, volunteer at a donkey sanctuary or go up to the girl in the bar and say 'Plop'?
It may not cure loneliness, but a colourful life may result.

Peace out.
Shourai.

Latest posts

Back