Hello, i'm Joana

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joana

Reaction score
Hi :)

I'm 23 years old and live in Portugal.
I haven't got friends for a couple of years now and I'm really not sure what happened.

I had a group of friends but we grew apart and since then I've been so lonely and depressed that it's really hard to go on.

I'm not ugly and because of that I only get the attention of guys, but they only want sex or some kind of romantic relationship and never to be just friends. And it just makes me sad, because I am a good person and very friendly. I love to party, to drink, to dance... I am a normal 23 years old girl. I love to laugh and to listen to other people's issues. But sometimes I get tired of people taking advantage of me.

Of course I have my own issues too, but who doesn't? I just think it's sooo strange that I don't have friends because...EVERYBODY DOES! And Facebook just keeps bringing me down, because it makes me think i'm the only one who doesn't have friends...

I would like to meet someone with the same interests (music, dancing, partying...) and who enjoys my company as much as I enjoy theirs.

Thank you for listening :)

Joana

Hi, Joana!

I don't know what the answer is on how to get friends, but just remember that having 8000 friends on Facebook doesn't necessarily mean that everyone on Facebook is friends with that many people...Facebook is really just a place for people to show off, but everyone has problems, and they're not going to post anything about THAT on Facebook...

Do you go to a university or can you join any sort of group that can help you meet new people? I don't know, I'm still trying to figure out the friends thing myself...

But, welcome! You'll find many online friends here!

bookworm1979 said:
Hi, Joana!

I don't know what the answer is on how to get friends, but just remember that having 8000 friends on Facebook doesn't necessarily mean that everyone on Facebook is friends with that many people...Facebook is really just a place for people to show off, but everyone has problems, and they're not going to post anything about THAT on Facebook...

Do you go to a university or can you join any sort of group that can help you meet new people? I don't know, I'm still trying to figure out the friends thing myself...

But, welcome! You'll find many online friends here!

Hi bookworm1979:) Thank you for replying.
Yeah, I know Facebook is basically just show off, but either way, they have something to show off and I don't...
I finished university and recently got fired from my job...

hope you find somebody to at least talk to. I'm all ears :)

Jilted John said:
Hi and welcome Joana!

Hi Jilted John:) Thank you for your warm welcome!

Welcome to the site joana :)

Hi Joana welcome to the forum. There are many young people on this forum I'm sure your'll make some friends.

hey joana
nice english btw... thank god we aren't like americans that only speak 1 language xD
hope you can make some friends... and i hope to make some too :p

PS: facebook sucks

Latest posts

Back