Hello,I'm so alone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarus

Reaction score
I have people around me, but it just feels like they are walking corpses. I don't feel a connection with anyone in my life. Everyone I know is just met with superficial, face value. There are people I like, but I can't relate to them in any way, it feels like I'm constantly putting on a facade. I'm sure a lot of you know and understand that feeling.

I'm VERY socially awkward in group situations, that I get shut out, it's comedic. I try my hardest not to judge people and accept them for who they are, yet in return I always feel like people are dragging me down and I feel a victim to the world. I really am sick of talking to the counsellors in helplines, as 90% of them feel so insincere and abrupt, some of them, even make me feel worse after the call. I know people going through a lot in there life, but they ALWAYS have at least one person they can count on. I'm so sick of this loneliness and isolation, I just want a deep connection with ONE person. Can ANYONE talk to me or relate?

I hear you, Sarus. Welcome to the forum. I'm new myself.

I get what you're saying about the walking corpses.

hi Sarus, welcome :)

yes, counsellors in hotlines half of the time are clueless students who don't know what to say

some months ago I was in a chat with one and I was like "I am so sad because I have no friends, no partner, no house, no job, no health, no future"

her reply was: "how does that make you feel?"

:D

Hey Sarus, welcome to the forum. I can understand what you're saying. It's not easy to find someone you can connect with, anywhere. I experience this too. But if you keep trying, you're bound to find someone at least.. and I have found some on this forum. Anyway, good luck, I hope you'll find what you're looking for here. Feel free to PM me if you wish to talk about it more.

Hello Sarus. Welcome to the forum.

Sarus said:
I'm VERY socially awkward in group situations, that I get shut out, it's comedic. I try my hardest not to judge people and accept them for who they are, yet in return I always feel like people are dragging me down and I feel a victim to the world.

I know people going through a lot in there life, but they ALWAYS have at least one person they can count on. I'm so sick of this loneliness and isolation, I just want a deep connection with ONE person. Can ANYONE talk to me or relate?

I feel the same as you on these two points. I was always the kid that got picked last for anything. I've never phoned a counsellor, so I would know anything about it. I don't know, most of the time I feel like it's pointless even trying. Feel free to send me a message if you'd like. :)

I can totally relate friend. Welcome to these forums, I'm here for a sort time but I've gotten more support than any helpline or paid help could give you. It takes a damaged person to help another one, you know? When you can relate to what someone is going through, even if you never succesfully got out of it, you know what he shouldnt do.

If you feel comfortable with it open yourself, chat with people here, you will be amazed

Group situations are dire for me unless I can have a couple of drinks inside me. Often I find something 'useful' to do, to avoid it baing obvious that I have no one to talk to. So, yes, I think I understand a bit what you are saying.

I know how you feel (hopefully). I hate being in large groups because I just feel ignored and like extra baggage. Welcome to the forum. I hope you find what you're looking for here. Feel free to PM me if you ever feel like chatting :)

Peaches said:
hi Sarus, welcome :)

yes, counsellors in hotlines half of the time are clueless students who don't know what to say

some months ago I was in a chat with one and I was like "I am so sad because I have no friends, no partner, no house, no job, no health, no future"

her reply was: "how does that make you feel?"

:D

Yep, I get those replies constantly. Sometimes when they ask stupid questions like that, I feel like saying " It makes me feel great." On more than one occasion the "counsellors" even had the audacity to tell me "I don't think there's anything I can do for you." All I needed was someone to talk to......

Well, I'm glad there are people on here that can relate to me, but I'm not glad there are people going through it. If that makes sense.

Hello Sarus.

Welcome to the forum. Sad to hear you had such a rubbish time with counsellors. I don't think I have met anyone that says any different unfortunately. I think you'll probably find better advice on this forum because people are going through or have been through similar situations and understand a bit better.

Anyway, there's alot of people here that can relate to you so hope you find what you are looking for :)

PM me if you want to chat :)

Sarus said:
I have people around me, but it just feels like they are walking corpses. I don't feel a connection with anyone in my life. Everyone I know is just met with superficial, face value. There are people I like, but I can't relate to them in any way, it feels like I'm constantly putting on a facade. I'm sure a lot of you know and understand that feeling.

I'm VERY socially awkward in group situations, that I get shut out, it's comedic. I try my hardest not to judge people and accept them for who they are, yet in return I always feel like people are dragging me down and I feel a victim to the world. I really am sick of talking to the counsellors in helplines, as 90% of them feel so insincere and abrupt, some of them, even make me feel worse after the call. I know people going through a lot in there life, but they ALWAYS have at least one person they can count on. I'm so sick of this loneliness and isolation, I just want a deep connection with ONE person. Can ANYONE talk to me or relate?
I can somewhat relate to what you are saying. We all just want to connect but let me tell you it is not that important to feel as if you need to connect with everyone or anyone. Just be yourself and do what makes you happy. Do not make people feel as if you are desperate to connect with just everyone or anyone. I spend a lot of time by myself and I have actually learned to enjoy the peace and alone time. I try to keep myself busy doing the things that I want to do. Every once in a while I strike up a conversation with someone but I don't make it as if I have to. I have accidently occasionally met some really nice people. Some are couples and some are singles. I joined a gym. I am not one of these mocho guys but it is a good place to meet people of all ages. I really enjoy simple conversation. I am new to this forum and may not be able to get on here every day but I will keep my eye out for your reply. Yes I do have both eyes.lol

Latest posts

Back