Hello. I'm so lonely, will you be my friend?

• Thread starter LonelyCollegeStudent
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

LonelyCollegeStudent

I'm a very lonely person. I have been this way practically my entire life and even at age 22 and in college I still manage to be alone. I had one person that I connected with but she dumped me after 3 heavenly years and now I'm back to my old sleepless restless lonely self. Well here I am posting on the internet, asking for friendships...oh well. Anyone want to be online friends? I think it might be nice.

Hey Lonely,

Please share some of your interests, etc. What are you studying in college?

Hey, LCS, nice to see You here! There are tons of people willing to get a friend like You in this place and i'm not any different. You can start sending PM's to those You wish to keep a contact with and hpefully You can also find someone in Your area which You could meet for real! Hope to see You around more!

Well, I'm studying Computer Science, at least that is the degree I'll be getting. That is kind of broad, I know, so I don't know exactly what I'll end up doing with this degree.

I guess because I have a hard time meeting people and keeping friends I tend to play online video games (wow, ffxi) as well as single-player video games (RE4, Final Fantasy games) once in a while. So you could say that I play World of Warcraft, although I don't actively play. I might start playing for a week or two if I get really lonely and then cancel my subscription for a month or two to try to better my situation, only to give up on myself and start playing again.

Let's see, my life isn't that bad, I guess, I'm just incredibly lonely. I like movies. So I will go see movies always by myself. There is this arcade called Rocky's where I live that I sometimes like to go to, although it makes me a bit uncomfortable being there when everyone has friends with them and seem to have so much fun playing the games together. I just play alone, it's a good way to get out of the apartment I have.

I don't consider myself unattractive, but I can't seem to get friends. I'm on medication right now because I have anxiety problems too. Since I had so many devastating (at least they devastated me mentally) problems growing up, I get anxiety (no panic attacks though) whenever I'm in a place where strangers are or if I have to talk to someone behind a cash register or someone who is an employee at a store. I fear talking to them because I am so lonely and they pretend to be nice to me because it is their job which makes me feel more lonely. The medication seems to help though as I am able to go out more without overwhelming anxiety and sleep better. I'm taking Clonazepam and Zoloft, but I guess I can't keep taking the clonazepam because it is addictive says my psych? Has anyone else taken these meds?

Well, does that help? Look at me posting all this information about me, asking for friends. I'm quite pathetic, huh?

Edit: I live in Orlando, Florida by UCF (that's the college I go to). Does anyone else on here live around there?

Hey,

I've taken a number of different meds. Nothing to be ashamed of. There is a great website called Crazy Meds that reviews different medications and people discuss them, side effects, etc.

When I forget to take my anti-depressants I say, "No wonder I'm feeling so emotional...forgot to take my crazy pills!" It's all a big joke. I hate take meds but they do keep me from the absolute edge of insanity.

Zoloft didn't work for me. Have you ever tried anything else? PM me if you prefer to discuss privately.

Cheers,

LG

hey,

21 year old in tampa here in the same situation as well. Im a pretty cool person but I just cant seem to get past just being acquaintances with the people I meet. If you would like to exchange contact info or something just pm me or whatever. Im a computer science student as well at USF so we have one thing in common at least.

Latest posts

Back