Hello-Introduction

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sola

Hello.
I am a female, 38 years old, in the southwestern US. I am currently in a bad relationship, and I have 3 children, but only one still lives with me- the other 2 are out on their own. I found this board by googling, "I'm so lonely."

I don't know exactly what I'm looking for here, but I know I'll go crazy one of these days if I continue to be a non-entity in my own life.

I love to read- Anne Rice, Morgan Llywelyn, Jean Plaidy & J. K Rowling are my favorite authors, but I am also on a quest to read as many of the classics as I can. So far my absolute favorite is Don Quixote.

I love most kinds of music- and I can play the bass guitar, violin and harmonica- all terribly- I just learn to play what I like- for my own enjoyment. I especially love to play a good blues bass line.

I work with special needs children, but I'm finding I may need a break from this, maybe a change.

Haha How boring this all sounds when I read through it! I am a bit reserved at first, but after a while, I will warm up a bit, and start cracking jokes.
I'm very glad this board is here.

Welcome Sola

I am glad you found your way in.

Sola said:
.... I especially love to play a good blues bass line.

Great:)

Hello,
Feel free to to tell us more about urself and about ur problems. All of us on this board are similar in one way or the other regardless of age gender or location.

Hi : )
I know what you mean about being in a bad relationship as I am currently stuck in one myself.

Sola=Alone..any chance you speak spanish?

WOW! Sola, You are into a lot of things I would say. I be your not to bad at the guitar, violin and harmonica. I could give the harmonica a go. I tried the guitar but I was rubbish and at the time could not find the time or pashonts to learn. Never tried the violin. That I would think would be a difficult one. All tho they do say the guitar is one of the most difficult ones to play. You like to set your self challengers I see :) My mum loves reading and shes fast at it as well. where am not into the reading and have only ever read two books in my enter life. So ye am not fast at it. probably the most reading I do is on here :)

Anyway welcome here :)

Thanks, guys for making me feel welcome. :)

penny143 said:
Hi : )
I know what you mean about being in a bad relationship as I am currently stuck in one myself.
Trapped is a better word. Sometimes I feel up against a brick wall, and I guess I'm hesitant to talk about it here.

penny143 said:
Sola=Alone..any chance you speak spanish?
Sí, pero porque no lo hablo cada día, estoy olvidando las palabras. :(
I love languages. I am best at English and Spanish, and I can embarrass myself quickly in Latin, German, French, Gaelic, Norwegian and a little Greek.

Bluey said:
You like to set your self challenges I see :)
I never thought about it like that, but yes, I guess I do! Thanks for pointing that out, I really didn't think I was that motivated! lol :shy:

Anyway, thanks again, all, for the welcome. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Yeah I'm kinda hesitant too. I'm always paranoid that I'll end up coming off as some loser or an idiot for all the sh!t I put up with or even worse, that someone who knows me IRL will find my posts. Maybe if you don't feel comfortable letting the whole forum all up in your business, just pick someone who you feel comfortable and PM them..IDK, just an idea.

LOL, I know what you mean about forgetting some of the words. I only speak it when I'm around certain family members, and now that I'm trying to teach my son the language, I find that I can't remember some of the words! My dad just about has a heart attack because he says that I am "neglecting my roots". He he..anyways, I am sidetracking here, but just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in the way you are feeling and you have people here who are genuinely interested in talking to ya.

Abrazos!

hey Sola welcome to the forum

wow english, spanish, german, latin, french, Norwiegen, thats amazing I'm sure you're very talented, and good with those instruments too. You must be very smart, I'm sure with a little pratice you could be fluent, you should definatly travel to those places and show off some of your skills. I play the Guitar too, but I'm still not very good and i don't have anyone i could play with.

Anyways i hope you like it here and you're welcome to pm me anytime

:D

Welcome=0)
I've always wanted to learn harmonica... It seems like such a cool idea, a little musical insturment you can take with you anywhere...

Fodderboy said:
Welcome=0)
I've always wanted to learn harmonica... It seems like such a cool idea, a little musical insturment you can take with you anywhere...

Hi! Thanks for the welcome.
What's stopping you? Pick one up and play with it for awhile. You can find them for $25-$30.
Inexpensive enough to mess around with to see if you like it... a lot of other instruments don't offer that luxury.

I firmly believe everyone should be able to make a bit of music. :)

Sola said:
Fodderboy said:
Welcome=0)

Hi! Thanks for the welcome.
What's stopping you? Pick one up and play with it for awhile. You can find them for $25-$30.
Inexpensive enough to mess around with to see if you like it... a lot of other instruments don't offer that luxury.

I firmly believe everyone should be able to make a bit of music. :)

Lol, I've tried a couple times, even bought a little how to book... Something about the mechanics of it just seems a bit beyond me...

Fodderboy said:
Lol, I've tried a couple times, even bought a little how to book... Something about the mechanics of it just seems a bit beyond me...

Ah well, there's nothing that says we have to play well! ;)

I'm no virtuoso either, I just play what I like, just for myself.

Latest posts

Back