Hello, new member

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ihopeitworks

Reaction score
Hello. I found this forum yesterday, but it looks like I'm too late because there is barely anyone here.
I'm a 25 years old, very lonely man. I don't have friends and never had a gf. My social and romantical life is barren. I explained what causes this in a different thread, so I'm just gonna quote it:
I am a highly inhibited person, I have like an influence over me that prevents me from talking. And other than that I am pretty ******* boring and have a dead personality.
To give you an idea, I onced downloaded tinder, I had a few matches. But I just couldn't keep a conversation going, let alone an interesting one (and this was over chat so I wasn't as inhibited). So, I never got to ask a girl out and no one stucks arounds me to form a friendship.
Anyway, not having friends doesn't weight on me too much, not having a girlfriend does though, a lot.
I came here looking for people like me, but apparently there are no foreveraloners here.
Something about me is that last year I got into buddhism and meditation hoping to find happiness. I meditate an hour daily. So far it has had an incredible positive effect on my mental health.
PS: I actually have one friend, but I barely talk to him anymore and we haven't seen each other in years.

but it looks like I'm too late because there is barely anyone here
Quality, not quantity is what's most important. Maybe it's not as busy as it used to be, but that doesn't mean you can't find good friends.
foreveraloners
You are still so young. Try not to get caught in a negative spiral you won't be able to get yourself out of.

Welcome to ALL :)

In my current state, it is impossible to happen :/. And I don't know how to change.
Nothing is impossible unless you don't try. Change is hard. I'll never say it's not, but what's the worst that could happen? Something doesn't work, so you have to try something else? Just keep trying. Focus on you, get some hobbies if you don't already have some, go out and meet new people. Anything just to get yourself started. Start small and work your way up. As you accomplish small goals, you'll gain more confidence and it will get easier.

I know you said that you are more interested in dating than getting friends, but having friends could lead to a girl.

How though?
Easy in theory, not so much in reality. Go out and talk to people. Even just giving someone a smile might spark a conversation. If you have a hobbies, join a club/group for those hobbies. If you dont' have hobbies, try some things. Volunteer virtually anywhere (I've found most people who volunteer are more open to chatting and overlooking quirks people might have). Go to church if you're religious or curious about religion. Go to the library for book clubs or whatever it might offer.

Now these would all work in America. I'm not sure how it is in your country. Hopefully you have something like what I suggested near you.

Latest posts

Back