Hello people!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rustycar

Reaction score
I would like to say hello and wish everyone a Happy New Year!!!

I would like to say a few words starting with an introduction and ending with a question.
I am 30, have a good job, few cars, savings, good taste in music, am In good fit shape, love biking, cars, any outdoor activities, can cook, dance, speak 3 languages, tennis, swimming, skiing, guitar..... do it all pretty good. Cook too :)
I have been a loaner ever since I was a young kid. Once I hit 20, and got me a girlfriend that stuck around for a long time, car, a job, and some friends, most of whom were just good to hang out with, drink party and such.
I always knew that my circle of friends was artificial in every way, but I went along for the ride enjoying it.
Well, the relationship with a girl, and a few others failed and I found myself single, by choice. I stopped socializing with friends I don't care for anymore and found myself pretty much alone, with just a few buddies to hang out with in association with my hobbies (drives, car shows, hiking and camping).

I no longer trust anyone and pretty much gave up on love. THIS USED TO bother me a lot and would depress the life out of me. I got me a small puppy and he is 3 now and is the center of my life.

I have loving parents who I love dearly, but it hurts them seeing me like this. I already accepted the fact that this is my life. I might not be able to find a woman I would marry, or have kids and such. Or have 20 friends at my B day.
I socialize with people ok, even better after a few drinks, but I prefer to be left alone and not have to deal with peoples crap. Talking to people itself is a drain for me, even though I enjoy a good debate with a friend or a colleague. While it does hurt from time to time, I try to keep myself busy as much as possible to get away from it all. Its when I stop is when sadness kicks in.

Question is, with such pattern, where will I be in 10 years? What comes next?? What is the next stage???

welcome to ALL rusty!

what kind of puppy did you get :3

Maybe you just want more genuine friends, not artificial ones :)

Two genuine friends might make up for a bucketload of fake ones.

enjoy ALL ok? welcome :D

SophiaGrace said:
welcome to ALL rusty!

what kind of puppy did you get :3

Maybe you just want more genuine friends, not artificial ones :)

Two genuine friends might make up for a bucketload of fake ones.

enjoy ALL ok? welcome :D

I got a Yorkie..got him when he was 12 weeks old. Love him..best thing in life.

New years was good, went skiing for weekend.

hey rusty car welcome to the forum

hmm life is hard and and the quest for happiness is sadly inevitable

i often feel that the bright happy people are even more mysterious and un-understandable the the dark and brooding type

but nonetheless that's great you have so many talents and skills ( how i envy thee >l)

(put's envy aside)

I find that hobbies are very important to keep the loneliness at bay, so console in them and enjoy them as long as you can

i can understand your fears for the future I am not sure whether or not there is a meaning if life

I often joke the meaning of life is to discover the meaning of life

just try and be happy and help to make other's happy

that's my take on it

maybe you should looking into some charities or volunteer work

so that at the very least when you look back you can say that you were a good person and you made a positive differnce in the world

best of luck

peace

:D

Since I am 12 years older then you I might have some insight on that. When I was 30 I was much like you with one critcal differance. You have much more ambition than I did. I think you'll be fine.

One thing to think about though is who will be there to take care of you when you get old. If you don't have any children then you might want to think about that.

Brian

Apollo said:
Since I am 12 years older then you I might have some insight on that. When I was 30 I was much like you with one critcal differance. You have much more ambition than I did. I think you'll be fine.

One thing to think about though is who will be there to take care of you when you get old. If you don't have any children then you might want to think about that.

Brian

Well I thought of that, and I am not discarding the idea of having kids. I am looking for a good match of a woman to spend my time raising the little ones. Even that is proving to be difficult, but perhaps I am being selective.
Also, 401k and IRA is not a bad way of taking care of yourself when you get old.

evanescencefan91 said:
hey rusty car welcome to the forum

hmm life is hard and and the quest for happiness is sadly inevitable

i often feel that the bright happy people are even more mysterious and un-understandable the the dark and brooding type

but nonetheless that's great you have so many talents and skills ( how i envy thee >l)

(put's envy aside)

I find that hobbies are very important to keep the loneliness at bay, so console in them and enjoy them as long as you can

i can understand your fears for the future I am not sure whether or not there is a meaning if life

I often joke the meaning of life is to discover the meaning of life

just try and be happy and help to make other's happy

that's my take on it

maybe you should looking into some charities or volunteer work

so that at the very least when you look back you can say that you were a good person and you made a positive differnce in the world

best of luck

peace

:D

Point in life? LOL.....no there is none, never was, never will. WE can all thank our fathers for not pulling out at the right time. But since he didn't might as well enjoy this crap as long as we are here.

Latest posts

Back