Hello there

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookie

Reaction score
Hello there...

..I'm female, 34 years old and live in europe. First of all I'd like to apologize for my english since it's not my mother tounge, please forgive me. :)

I'm actually not feeling good at the moment because of feeling lonley. I'm single since, gosh I don't remember and I would like to have someone to live and love with.

Hmm...well, the point is, I was seeking for people who feel the same like me. My friends have no understanding for my situation, they say it's my own fault, just because there are some guys after me, when we go out. The thing is, the guys we meet when we go out are first drunk (well, not a good reputation for me, huh ;-) ) and they are looking for sex. Also my friends like to drink. I don't anymore. I hate going to parties and all the drinking people there. Sometimes it's fun but the only thing I can do with them is going into a club. I tried to convince them about going to the movies, which ended in a big discussion about the movies being too expensive. Well this, and some other reasons made them staying apart from me. One part of me doesn't really care but the other part is sad, because some of these friends were my closest. At the end I need to accept that friendships wont last forever and that they never will replace a relationship between two persons who love and live together. Realizing this is kind of killing me from the inside and makes me sad that I might have missed something in my live and now I'm just too late to find the right guy. Most of them are married or in relationships in my age.

I hope it was understandable. I'm really sorry if i wasted someones time with this post. Thanks for reading anyway.

cookie

You were understandable and no, you did not waste anyone's time.

What you describe will be well understood here.
Welcome to the site :)

losing touch with friends because of changes in interest bites. my sympathies.

in my experience loving and living with someone wasn't exactly what i imagined it would be, and i'm not even entirely sure what it was i envisiged to begin with.

"the roller coaster ride is a lonely one, i'd pay a ransom to stop it from steaming" - STP

hello and welcome :)

Hi :)yes it was very understandable....far better than mine , and i am English.

I cant drink anymore due to a drink problem, so a massive hole as appeared in my life ....along with holes caused by other things. I went to a funeral last week of a ex workmate where i used to work, and it was great ( even though it was a funeral) to see all the people i used to work with. Trouble being it brought it back how life was then , and how it is now . To make things worse, a woman who i always liked told me she fancied me when she first met me many years ago....but i didnt seem interested....if only i knew then what i know now :(

Anyway never mind eh ?

No apologies needed your english is great and your message was well understood. I fee lonely too most of the time as many others here so it seems like you found the right place Welcome :)

Again thanks to each of you. It helps me already to see that I’m understood and not alone with those sad feelings. I have to admit that I used to be a loner in my life because I often felt misunderstood or not accepted. The sick part of it is, I am still convinced I was right with most of the people, who were just interested in me as being the helping friend, even though I had a lot of problems myself. As soon as I came along with mine, suddenly “my best friend” was busy, or lost her/his phone or just was too busy with other people.
The thing that bugs me is, I often take it too personally. I really think I did a mistake and try to change myself. All my life I was trying to change myself, thinking of not being good enough to have friendships or even relationships. Slowly, now, this year, I don’t know what made the stone of realization roll, I do understand that it’s not always me who needs to change. It’s maybe just the thing that I’m really different. I mean, everyone has his own way to deal with trouble, I try to deal with it by confronting myself with all (which was often too much confrontation for my self esteem) but others, or most of the people just close their eyes and are able to delete any kind of confrontation. The superficial way that I dislike so much. That’s it, I just need to accept that this is life, because still I’m used to blame myself for many things.
Well, I just need to “drop it”, drop all the negative thoughts, anyhow…but it’s hard. Then I think, why was I late with this, why didn’t I open myself for the right guys who were interested in me. But I didn’t see them. Still I don’t see any.

@mr.shankly
I think it’s really strong to resist to an addiction. I wasn’t in your situation but a collegue of mine had this problem. I’ve met him this year, first time after 5 years. We met and talked a lot about life and what led us to our actual path. He has stopped drinking too and I encourage him to keep up that way. And I totally know how you feel after hearing about the woman whom you liked. Is there a way to meet her for a coffee and talk? Maybe you can try to get to know each other now?

PS: My English is just sometimes ok, and sometimes I just suck. It really depends, so before I started I wasn’t sure how it was going to end. lol

Latest posts

Back