Hello there...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renegade

Reaction score
Hi there, I was just looking for a place to talk and discuss topics with people about all sorts of things.

I've not really been feeling depressed lately i just feel like I'm not really alive...just existing. The usual story of, I get up, go to work, feel half asleep all day, go home, spend time with girlfriend, back to sleep, and then repeat. The weekends seem to last no time at all, and too be honest seem just as pointless as the rest of it. Right now I'm sat here in work staring out the shop window at all the people and cars going past thinking to myself "****, is this really it".

I mean, I don't "hate" my job its something I've been wanting to do for most my life and now I've got it i'm happy i'm not doing something i don't enjoy, but at the same time there are so many negatives its hard to drag myself out of bed every morning, and im sure i make these problems worse in my head by over thinking everything.

Then there's my girlfriend...I love her more than anything, but at the same time i feel like I'm going insane trying to please her all the time, I've not done anything for myself for...well...like 6 months, and it still doesn't seem like enough. Most the time everything seems fine, then suddenly she will make me out to be this bad guy who's never around and doesn't care, and that I'm a liar and she can't trust me, it makes me think to my self why do I even bother? I spend the majority of my money taking us out to places, getting food, just buying small gifts from time to time, I love her but am i really happy? Im scared to answer that question too be honest.

Well...that's a small amount of whats going on in my life right now...I hope to get involved with these forums and talk to many new people.

See you around...

hello, welcome. :)

Maybe the reason why you feel that way towards your job is that you don't find fulfillment and satisfaction in your work lately. If that is, try to find or create fulfillment in all you do and utilize your time-off if you can to get out from the stressful work environment for a while. I've felt what you are feeling right now and it was certainly not good to have that feeling going to work everyday. Overthinking everything has destroyed me, so please try not to.

About your girlfriend, I hope she's not just too demanding...
Have you asked her why she felt that way? Do you tell her what you feel when she accuses you of being the bad person in your relationship? Why she has these feelings of distrust and inadequacy of your presence for her and why you feel uncertain about your happiness are some things the two of you should talk about and fix in your relationship. Open up and don't allow each other's ego to make things difficult for the both of you.

Hey Renegade, welcome to the forum. Don't be afraid to ask yourself those questions that come up in mind.. even if you're afraid to admit the answers. Being true and honest about your feelings is the best.. for yourself, and others who are affected. Hope you'll find what you're looking for here.

Hey there,
Welcome here! I have not been much since I joined. Glad to hear your honesty and concern, for yourself and your girl. I hope you come around more often. :)

Hello and welcome to the forum! :D Now that you've mentioned it though... i too sometimes feel like im not really living but rather just existing. Then i find myself asking myself what's the point of life, of living? I don't like this feeling or thoughts but whatever...

pandas123 said:
Hello and welcome to the forum! :D Now that you've mentioned it though... i too sometimes feel like im not really living but rather just existing. Then i find myself asking myself what's the point of life, of living? I don't like this feeling or thoughts but whatever...

I guess you just have to hold on for the good times, and let the bad times make you stronger. Although it seems to feel like the bad times make me weaker, and the good times are too few and far between.

Hi and welcome to the site. I can relate to some things you said. Hope you`ll like it here.
(+1 for your help)

Latest posts

Back