Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swanlake

Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm also a "little" older than most I have read about on the board. I'm in my very late 50's and I am very lonely. I relocated about two years ago and have not made any friends and can't find a job I feel very isolated. I'm glad I found all of you.

Thank you sometimes I feel invisable m surprised I actually got a response.

Hello. You seem very sweet ^-^ i love you already. Welcome to the family ! You will mke plenty of greatfriends here don;t worry.

swanlake said:
Hello everyone I'm also a "little" older than most I have read about on the board. I'm in my very late 50's and I am very lonely. I relocated about two years ago and have not made any friends and can't find a job I feel very isolated. I'm glad I found all of you.

Hey Swan, I'm in the very same boat with you. I relocated about 18 months ago and everything else is the same as you said. Late 50's, isolated, can't find work. I feel your pain cuz mine is the same. I just found this forum this morning and have hopes for it.

TrailerTrish said:
swanlake said:

Hey Swan, I'm in the very same boat with you. I relocated about 18 months ago and everything else is the same as you said. Late 50's, isolated, can't find work. I feel your pain cuz mine is the same. I just found this forum this morning and have hopes for it.

Hello ladies.I'm a "little" older too! Anymore room in the boat?

How nice to wake up to all of your posts.

Zaney I'm originally from the east coast USA I'm now living in the south.

Lovely Smile, Applepear and Chasm thanks for the welcome.

Trish it is so difficult to make friends when you get older it seems other people already have their friends and don't want new ones.

John I hope you can drive the boat or paddle haha.

Rayri you are making me blush.

Thanks to all.

Yes Swan, that's what I've observed too, that people already have all the friends they want, and if you don't too bad, you are cut to the outside. I see this everywhere people gather in public, with those already in their social circle and closed off with that invisible icy wall they seem to generate in public.

swanlake said:

If you no job how are you paying your bills?

swanlake said:
Thank you sometimes I feel invisable m surprised I actually got a response.

You're not invisible ! Hope you meet some cool people here.

Alianz, I was very fortunate when the company I worked for reorganized and wanted to get rid of employees that I was able to take early retirement. Therefore, I do receive a pension check that covers my bills. The reason I relocated is that the pension was not enough to pay my bills where I was living.

I'm a little late but welcome :) I love your username too. Swan Lake is the only ballet I've seen actually.

annik thanks for the welcome.

Peter Lorre I saw you on our black & white TV when I was young LOL. Thanks for the welcome.

Latest posts

Back