Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SA_hopeful

Reaction score
So waiting for my account registration to be approved here, I started to think. Why join? What can I add to the conversation, what can I say that hasn't been said before? And what can be said to me that I haven't heard before? The only answer I can come up with now is that I need to see, to read what I think. To start realising where I am and why and whereto now?

Who:
I am a 32 year old man, living alone. My social contact with people is based on work and external responsibilities. Loneliness is not new to me, we might even be considered lifelong friends. In general, I'm a positive person, able to hold onto hope in the worst circumstances.

Background:
Socially, I have no reason to be alone, other than preferring it.
Materially, though not rich, I have no reason to want more.
Emotionally, I'll get back to you once I understand what emotions are (might take 200 years, check back then).

My life in 5 sentences:
Grew up in a small town, keeping acquaintances but unable to make friends, mostly living in my head.
Only now starting to connect with my dad, still no connection to my mother.
I work for myself as an IT contractor with (in my view at least) fairly good professional relationships and very few personal ones.
Every day after work I walk into my flat, relieved to be in the silence and solace of my home.
Every night I postpone going to bed, knowing its emptiness will remind me of someone I miss, someone I do not know.

Why here:
To tell me what I already know while hoping for one new perspective, one comment, one... kick in the ass. To get me to stop waiting (what for I still don't know) and start living.

Logic and emotions are not compatible. Balancing these two is like balancing a marble on a ball.
Emotions remind me that I am lonely and need someone in my life. Logic reminds me that I'm never more alone than when I'm in a relationship.

So Hi. Now you know me. Wow, still reading? If you need a positive word, talk to me. If you need logic, objective advice, talk to me. If you need emotional support, talk to the forum :)

Warm welcome to you, sir. I hope this forum has what you are looking for.

It's very likely you heard this before, as you say, but i'll give it a shot anyway. It sounds to me like you need a clear goal in life, what you want to achieve, and how. At the moment you're pretty much all over the place, as far as i can tell that is. Content with everything, but not really excited about anything either.

Furthermore you seem to be bugged quite a bit by the idea that you do not understand emotions. To me, the compatibilty of logic and emotions lies in that emotions are a logic response to any given situation.

Of course, these are just my findings and i can very well be wrong, please point that out, so i can try to help further!

Rosebolt said:
Warm welcome to you, sir. I hope this forum has what you are looking for.

It's very likely you heard this before, as you say, but i'll give it a shot anyway. It sounds to me like you need a clear goal in life, what you want to achieve, and how. At the moment you're pretty much all over the place, as far as i can tell that is. Content with everything, but not really excited about anything either.

Furthermore you seem to be bugged quite a bit by the idea that you do not understand emotions. To me, the compatibilty of logic and emotions lies in that emotions are a logic response to any given situation.

Of course, these are just my findings and i can very well be wrong, please point that out, so i can try to help further!

Thanks, I try to always be as open to ideas and criticism as possible. As you can imagine, at 32 I've heard and thought various ideas, got various labels and lots of suggestions.

Having a positive outlook, I believe there's gold in many utterances, even the silly ones. Finding that though is sometimes just as tricky as digging for real gold. Especially when keeping in mind that most suggestions people make are based on their own circumstances. Still, Somewhere is something :)

And thanks for the warm welcome.

That was nicely broken down there, not just one huge paragraph!

Welcome to the forum.

This sounds somewhat familiar. By any chance did you set life goals, meet them and are now like. "what now?"

Limlim said:
This sounds somewhat familiar. By any chance did you set life goals, meet them and are now like. "what now?"

That is one side of the coin, yes. Set out a few very difficult to reach goals early on, but instead of reaching them at 40, I reached them at 26. Set new goals, reached them as well. Set new goals and now I've lost interest.

One mistake I did make when reaching the first set at 26, was to not acknowledge that what I did was good. I took it for granted. And now it is difficult to care.

Hi there, you sound like a very organised person just by reading your post. Welcome to the forum. :)

Thanks to all of you for welcoming me. Had a nice long chat with Syber Tiger as well. Maybe its more That we hear from people and less What we hear from people.

Last night, I was able to sleep.

Thank you, thank you.

Latest posts

Back