Hello!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

maineiac

Hello everyone! I was feeling a bit lonely and didn't have anyone to talk to so I thought to myself that I should look for other people in a similar situation, this place was the first hit on google. So here I am. I'm 22 years old, done with school and now I have nothing to do until August, I dread the coming months of loneliness and boredom. I have to admit I don't exactly have a lot of friends, not sure why, I guess because I used to be shy but not so much anymore. Anyways, I think that's enough for an introduction. Nice to meet you all! :)

Hi maineiac nice to meet you to :) Your in the right place. Keep posting in different threads and on different things and I am sure you well make some friends here :)

Welcome! I'm sure You'll find a good friend or two real soon by keeping Your nice appearance up here! =)

Welcome maineiac

maineiac said:
... I used to be shy but not so much anymore.

That sounds great. Did that change on it's own or was it the result of some actions you took?

Minus said:
Welcome maineiac

maineiac said:
... I used to be shy but not so much anymore.

That sounds great. Did that change on it's own or was it the result of some actions you took?
I tried to put myself in situations where I would have to overcome my shyness, for example I spent a semester abroad in university and traveled quite a bit. Traveling is great not only because you meet a lot of new people but also you feel more free and relaxed in a foreign country, even if you make a complete idiot out yourself you will never see the people who witnessed that again or they won't remember you so you don't think so much about what other people think. Now I'm less shy and I think pretty good at making first impressions, though sadly still really bad maintain relationships :)

That makes sense.

maineiac said:
... sadly still really bad maintain relationships :)

People feeling that way seems to be more common then i would have guessed. I thought i was one of the few who seemed to lack that ability but a number of people have mentioned feeling the same way.

hello, nice to meet you

glad to hear you got over your shyness a semester abroad was a good idea it sounds like

Latest posts

Back