Hello!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My name is Tyler. I'm a university student and I live in England.

I've struggled with loneliness for quite a long time. I didn't really have friends through school, and now I'm at university I've made plenty of friends, but I'm constantly paranoid that they're only 'temporary' and that we'll lose touch after university, so I still feel inherently lonely. To boot, my feelings of isolation have grown since moving to university last year, because for the first time I found myself actually alone, and not just feeling it. You don't realise how comforting being surrounded by family is, until you are on your own in a tiny student flat!

A primary reason for me joining the forum is a project I'm working on. I'm a filmmaker at university, and along with two of my friends am making a short documentary-style film about loneliness and isolation. We have all experienced forms of it throughout our life - be it loneliness or actual anxiety - and we are all passionate about making a film that reflects what we feel is the 'reality' of loneliness. We feel that the media misrepresents the lonely and isolated as 'freaks' and 'weirdos', strange people with reclusive tendencies. We know from experience that loneliness is a human emotion, and those who suffer from it are often just ordinary people in unfortunate circumstances.

We are looking for some anonymous contributors to send in stories, but I won't go into that here - I'll make a thread for the project later on. For now, I'm glad to be a part of the forum and hope I'll be welcomed and make new friends.

Tyler

Hey Tyler, welcome to the forum. There are plenty here in the same boat as you.

Hello Tyler. Welcome to the forum. How are you?
What you're doing sounds interesting. Normally I'm not interested by anything. I wouldn't mind helping and I'm sure many people here would be glad to help. :)

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I'm OK thank you, Omnipotent Soul. How about yourself? I'm glad you are intrigued by the project I'm working on. I will make a thread for it in the coming days and will definitely make sure to send you a link... Thank you!

I'm very interested to see how your documentary will turn out :) I hope many people from ALL contribute their stories.

Latest posts

Back