hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrysalis

Reaction score
hi everyone,

i'm chris, 28. i am currently finishing graduate school and moved back in with my parents to save on rent a few months ago as i haven't found a job yet. well, i didn't plan that out very well as all my friends that i knew in the area have moved away, have jobs and families... but it's not worth moving back around school as my friends there have finished and moved away. so now i am living in a stiflingly quiet suburb, my friends are all scattered in other countries, and i don't know anyone around here my age to talk to or spend time with. i've been a pretty introverted/social hermit type of person all my life, but the isolation is really starting to get to me.

anyways i recently stumbled on this forum and thought maybe i won't feel so lonely here. i wouldn't mind making new friends.

Hey chrysalis, welcome to the forum. Hope you'll find what you're looking for here.

welcome Chrysalis, maybe this period is there on purpose, so that you will become a beautiful butterfly? I am sure there are a lot of other introverted who would love to have you as a friend.

Heey, welcome to the community. I hope you'll find the interaction you want on here. Have a great day!

Hi Chris. Welcome. What did you study? If you don't mind me asking. Studied wildlife science myself and can relate to the struggle getting a job. It's not so much a lack of positions, so much as people expecting you to be do almost everything out the gate and already have lots of experience. I've had seasonal positions a fair bit and am volunteering currently to make connections. Hopefully that pays off soon! Not sure that's an option with your field, but hopefully things pick up for you in the near future!

Latest posts

Back