hello...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hope88

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My name is Peter (or at least that is the English equivalent of it) and I’m 34 years old.

I struggled with anxiety and depression for most of my life & my physical health is not too great...while not all my childhood was horrible, there were a lot of issues caused by having a bipolar mom, not having a father figure, having a health condition called pectus excavatum (which was worse than typical cases and lead to feelings of shame and social anxiety), witnessing traumatic events ( a close family member killing another one when I was just 7 years old, physical abuse against my mother).

Despite my issues, I try to remain positive and I guess I can be called “high-functioning”. I managed to land a good job a few years back (I work in IT) which helped my morale.
However I’m not interested in having a traditional lifestyle of getting married and having kids (nor do I think I would do a good job at it) which set me apart from pretty much every friend I made over the years. Well that plus the "not being neurotypical" part.
I personally believe that in order to be happy(or at least to not be miserable), having the right mindset is not always enough, you also need the right environment to live in.
A while back I was getting tired of feeling different, comparing myself to all the “normies” I knew and not feeling any motivation to socialize with them so I closed down all my social media and slowly cut contact with everyone except my gf and my mom.

I was unsure at the time if I was making the right decision...so far I have no regrets and I feel like I eliminated a lot of negativity out of my life.

Hopefully I will be able to connect to more like-minded people in the future and I’m starting to take baby steps in that direction.

I would like to offer support to people in need and perhaps even make some new friends here...

I hope that was not too long...
Also English is not my first language so I apologize for any mistakes.
Also I love cats.

Latest posts

Back