Hello..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi ! I am a 29 old dude who lives in Denmark.
I weight a average body and i hate comment my look, but im just looking normal.

I dont know were to start or end, but here goes.

I am getting close to my round 30 years "20 nov" and i dont have any real friends. There was a time when i had few from the 10th grade school
who i was gaming and drinking with, then i found a girlfriend at my 18 age, but that only lasted 3 years. In that time these few friends have moved on today with ther girlfriends,babies,houses,cars and other interrest...Im not envy here, but just telling why i feel lonley. I still have a small family seperated tho.

I only know people were i live but i rarely have anything to do with em.
and i can also walk down the shopping streets and meet people that my bro know or people that somehow knows who i am. But again..No real close friends. I live close up to a well traficated crossroad, were i look out the window each day and wonder were all these people are going, because it must be more fun than what i am doing alone in my small apartment. That including gaming and movie/serie watching.

Lately i have been thinking and reading about lonelyness, It hurts to wake up each day and think "oh hell im alone again" :/
Thats is why i am looking forward to each smallest "day event"
Like tomorrow im getting my hair cut, or i must go to my bank or going to a junk food place. because there i know i will see people.

I tryed to see a shrink to talk about it and he suggested i get more out, but in my case i dont do any sports or have any interrest in that area.
And a shrink cant give you any freinds out of his hands. So i quit that.

At the moment i dont have any job, but i am at the wellfare system hands, so they will find something for me to work with. But that is not how i wish to end up being a lonley nobody working as a slave for the wellfare system.

I do still like to game on my pc, usualy i play games like world of warcraft, because that sometimes mellows out the lonleyness, but not in the long shot.

I tryed several dating sites, because i seek a girlfriend, but because i mostly are alone in the dark, then i start to focus more and more on other peoples bad sides rather than good sides. Resulting in i end up single again. And sometimes its the other way around with the girls i meet. So im tired of chasing the golden ticket. Now i dont do any dating sites. Also because my lonley mood is killing me slowly inside. So i dont feel any joy.

I would hope to "meet" other people also dealing with some kind of lonelyness, because i dont think anyone choose to be lonley. Because lonelyness choose you to be lonly and it is a critical state to be in leading to very bad ideas. :/

I hope my grammar is making some point at readable. :)

Welcome to the forum.

just talk to people ...

and get to know them. show them you care and they will care back. Ask them how they are and how their day was on a consistent basis.

Then, you ask them if they want to grab a cup of coffee with you sometime. If the person is interested in you they will say yes!
Repeatedly ask them to go out with you every once in a while...for fun if they show interest.

Thats how you get to know people and make friends :D

oh and uh ;) welcome to the forum :D

Latest posts

Back