Hello.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King Rat

Reaction score
Hey. I'm a 17-year-old male that's been suffering from depression and social anxiety for many years. It got so bad that I ended up skipping school and eventually dropping out. I just couldn't handle day-to-day life. After wasting a year doing absolutely nothing but being lonely and miserable, I'm trying to turn things around. I've begun taking small steps to better myself, like improving my physical health, getting my GED, socializing more online, and finding more hobbies to fill my empty, lonely time. I usually feel like I'm making somewhat decent progress these days, but I have spells where I just completely break down and I really feel like it's impossible for me to make it through life.

Non-stop, 24/7 self-hatred has been running through my mind for years, and it has left me a wreck. I'm really trying to get better, but I know I can't do it by myself. I'm hoping this place can help.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Welcome to the site, King Rat. I hope you find something here that at least makes your days a bit better. :) And it's good to hear that you're starting to work on putting yourself in a better situation.

----Steve

King Rat said:
Hey. I'm a 17-year-old male that's been suffering from depression and social anxiety for many years. It got so bad that I ended up skipping school and eventually dropping out. I just couldn't handle day-to-day life. After wasting a year doing absolutely nothing but being lonely and miserable, I'm trying to turn things around. I've begun taking small steps to better myself, like improving my physical health, getting my GED, socializing more online, and finding more hobbies to fill my empty, lonely time. I usually feel like I'm making somewhat decent progress these days, but I have spells where I just completely break down and I really feel like it's impossible for me to make it through life.

Non-stop, 24/7 self-hatred has been running through my mind for years, and it has left me a wreck. I'm really trying to get better, but I know I can't do it by myself. I'm hoping this place can help.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Hey, and welcome to the forum. :)

Unfortunately, those ups and downs that you experience are completely normal, KingRat. But, realizing what you're going through is a very important part of recovery. Once you can SEE what's happening, you can take steps to actually deal with it. The fact that you've moved forward by getting your GED and looked for hobbies, socializing more, etc is absolutely wonderful! You will still face times of depression but at least you can tell yourself, "this is temporary...I will feel better tomorrow." Or, "I know I'm feeling down, but let me go outside or to the park for a bit or do something I know will help me feel better."
Eventually, you will come to see that there are more high points, than low points in your life. Isn't that what most of us can really hope for? For the good to outweigh the bad?
I hope that your time here is helpful to you. If you get lonely, there is also a chat room that you can utilize. There's a link to it in a thread entitled, "chat room!" in the new members area. There are some awesome people who frequent the chat room. :)

Again, welcome and good luck!

EDIT: lol, had I edit my post when I relaized I'd called you RatKing instead of KingRat. :p Sorry.

Latest posts

Back