hey from the land of Koalas :D

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zett

Reaction score
Hi people, just making an introduction thread to state why I'm here.

I've been a gamer for over 20 years and in my recent decision to depart from games entirely I've found myself with very few friends as most of my old ones were online gamers themselves and those that weren't I've grown very distant to.

I thought I would make a public post in the hopes of meeting someone like-minded. Perhaps you like something I say or like the way I write and would like to reach out to me too.

A little about me, I was born in South Korea and moved to Australia at the age of 2. So my English is pretty good but my Korean is fairly lacking. At best I speak at primary school level in my native language.

I've been through my share of ups and downs in my life including a lack of self esteem for the most part of school (both primary/high). Problems that had to do with my lack of social skills and faith in my physical appearance. Which is why I turned to video games. It was a form of escapism that allowed me to express myself without showing my physical self. After emerging from games and into a 3 year relationship which ended 13 weeks ago I went into depression again. And 7 weeks ago I found myself and have changed considerably.

I discovered by finding a way to believe in myself, things like physical appearance ceased to matter, the only thing that matters is making the most of what I got. With this outlook a lot of my older problems faded, it was easy to see positively and I've grown in ways that I would never have anticipated since the breakup. I think it's possibly because I just want to grow stronger after having faced despair. My ego went into self-preservation overdrive and pushed me for answers that would push me for the rest of my life and to ensure that I always get back up after I fall.

I have a strong appreciation for depth in anything. Even in areas that I do not have any experience or knowledge in.

In terms of entertainment I really enjoy Game of Thrones (read the books / watch the show), Breaking Bad (fantastic acting and storyline), The Walking Dead. I've seen and read my share of anime/manga too like Hikaru no Go, Gantz, Berserk, Liar Game. There's probably too many to list.

So having said that I'm hoping to at least make one friend on this website :).

If anyone wants to chat in real time my skype name is mygesss.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

PS: Koalas are awesome :)

baby_koala_blanket.jpg

welcome! hope you bring some koalas to this forum, oh, look, one appeared already, it worked :)

I like Game of Thrones as well. I've read all five books and seen every episode of the show. I'm an avid gamer too. What sort of games did you like to play?

Thanks all for the warm welcome ^^. I used to play Tera Online, Guildwars 2, CoD: Modern Warfare (1-4), Pangya, Final Fantasy XIV and a whole heap of single player games. My steam library has about 130 games. So I was a pretty heavy gamer before I quit recently. I also played them seriously and people often compared my playing style to someone who takes it as seriously as their job. I just enjoy holding high standards for myself and rarely want to get into anything without making a serious effort. The effort paid off when it came to climbing the rankings ladder on both Pangya and CoD:MW2.

Hi zett , I'm new as well and would like to commend you on being able to share your story .
I wish I had that courage . Any way just a g day from me .

Zett said:
Thanks all for the warm welcome ^^. I used to play Tera Online, Guildwars 2, CoD: Modern Warfare (1-4), Pangya, Final Fantasy XIV and a whole heap of single player games. My steam library has about 130 games. So I was a pretty heavy gamer before I quit recently. I also played them seriously and people often compared my playing style to someone who takes it as seriously as their job. I just enjoy holding high standards for myself and rarely want to get into anything without making a serious effort. The effort paid off when it came to climbing the rankings ladder on both Pangya and CoD:MW2.

That's quite the collection. I actually despise Steam, so I pirate everything instead of purchasing them. The only games I did purchase through Steam were Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, because I love them so much. I have over 800 hours playing modded New Vegas.

Latest posts

Back