Hey girls, wanna look like a model?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kenny said:
juggiekins said:
but they're still attractive.

No. They aren't. Most look odd as hell.
Sounds to me like someone has a very narrow definition of attractive.

There is classically attractive, and then quirky, ethnic, unique, etc.

fortasse said:
Kenny said:
juggiekins said:

fortasse,

From your quote I can't tell who you are claiming has a "narrow definition of attractive" - myself or juggiekins?

The entire point of this thread was that fifty women with the exact same headshape, exact same facial structure, exact same weight and build is a narrow definition of beauty? Pardon my confusion.

A lot of those women don't look bad at all to me. Actually quite pretty, if not a bit too thin.

I ******* hate makeup.

Badjedidude said:
A lot of those women don't look bad at all to me. Actually quite pretty, if not a bit too thin.

I ******* hate makeup.

The point isn't whether they look "bad" or not. The point is that women like that are painted up, dressed up and held up as the gold standard for beauty by virtually all of the popular media. :)

I hate makeup too.

Kenny said:
fortasse said:
Kenny said:
juggiekins said:

fortasse,

From your quote I can't tell who you are claiming has a "narrow definition of attractive" - myself or juggiekins?

The entire point of this thread was that fifty women with the exact same headshape, exact same facial structure, exact same weight and build is a narrow definition of beauty? Pardon my confusion.
I was responding to you, because you said you thought them mostly unattractive. I do not think them unattractive. I think they are simply not what one would define as classically beautiful.

I get that the point of this thread is to try and make women feel better about themselves by showing that the media is sending out a warped idea of beauty, but I don't see how saying these women are plain and unattractive without make-up really helps with that.

fortasse said:
I get that the point of this thread is to try and make women feel better about themselves by showing that the media is sending out a warped idea of beauty, but I don't see how saying these women are plain and unattractive without make-up really helps with that.

Mainly because I am entitled to my opinion as you are to yours. Just as one can say he are attracted, I can say I am not attracted.

Words (and the meanings behind) them could be twisted to give a negative connotation such as "plain" and "unattractive" or it could be construed in a more positive light such as "normal" and "flawed" and "imperfect".

Hey, whatever floats your boat. :)

It's interesting that you "get the point" of the thread, but headed in the direction you did. ;)

A lot of models aren't all beautiful with no makeup and a frown. I like looking like me anyway and I'm no prize in harsh lighting, no make up and a frown either. Girls have to stop thinking they have to look like anybody in a magazine and just make themselves look like somebody they are happy with.

what is the point of this thread? to make girls feel better about themselves? omg these pictures prove that models are actually ugly! and i'm ugly too! so now i feel better about myself! but those bitches are getting PAID to be ugly. real life ugly girls have to work. the models basically do drugs for a living. and they make a ton of money. if anything this would make regular girls feel even worse.

Kenny said:
Badjedidude said:

I ******* hate makeup.

The point isn't whether they look "bad" or not. The point is that women like that are painted up, dressed up and held up as the gold standard for beauty by virtually all of the popular media. :)

I hate makeup too.

I love make-up. XD But most women do, and why? What's more important, that he thinks she's pretty, or that she thinks she's pretty? I honestly think that you can't really BE pretty, unless you feel pretty. If you feel good about yourself, then you'll be happy, and it will show. That is what's really pretty, no one likes a Debbie Downer. So, I honestly think make-up is awesome, because if it puts a smile on her face, then great. And if you guys don't like it, too bad, it's not about you. :p

Kenny said:
It's interesting that you "get the point" of the thread, but headed in the direction you did. ;)
Yeah. Because I have a tendency to point out when I think something is worded incorrectly. I'm weird like that. It's a compulsion I should probably work on fixing, but that would make my life dull.

I appreciate what you are trying to say, but the manner in which you have said it doesn't quite work.

You could say "the media is sending a false ideal of beauty, so women should accept that beauty is more than just a perfectly symmetrical face with gallons of make-up covering every imperfection. Beauty is imperfection and quirkiness and uniqueness." That is a common type of message sent out by people trying to dispel the media-beauty myth.

What it seems like you are saying is "Look, these models are plain and unattractive. Beauty is a myth. Feel better about yourself." except showing us that women we think beautiful are actually ugly won't make us feel better about ourselves. It will just make us want to buy more make-up so we can be fake pretty too.

SkuzzieMuff said:
I love make-up. XD But most women do, and why? What's more important, that he thinks she's pretty, or that she thinks she's pretty? I honestly think that you can't really BE pretty, unless you feel pretty. If you feel good about yourself, then you'll be happy, and it will show. That is what's really pretty, no one likes a Debbie Downer. So, I honestly think make-up is awesome, because if it puts a smile on her face, then great. And if you guys don't like it, too bad, it's not about you.

My problem with makeup is that it inherently teaches a woman that she's not beautiful AS SHE IS.

The entire industry is based on convincing women that they NEED this crap to be eligible for romance or to be pretty enough to be considered a beautiful person... and the result is that you get women who wear so much EVERY SINGLE DAY that it whitewashes their skin, tearing it up... and then they DO actually need the makeup because the makeup has destroyed their skin.

*shrug*

I think women are beautiful without makeup.

A woman shouldn't feel like she needs makeup to be beautiful.

Badjedidude said:
SkuzzieMuff said:
I love make-up. XD But most women do, and why? What's more important, that he thinks she's pretty, or that she thinks she's pretty? I honestly think that you can't really BE pretty, unless you feel pretty. If you feel good about yourself, then you'll be happy, and it will show. That is what's really pretty, no one likes a Debbie Downer. So, I honestly think make-up is awesome, because if it puts a smile on her face, then great. And if you guys don't like it, too bad, it's not about you.

My problem with makeup is that it inherently teaches a woman that she's not beautiful AS SHE IS.

The entire industry is based on convincing women that they NEED this crap to be eligible for romance or to be pretty enough to be considered a beautiful person... and the result is that you get women who wear so much EVERY SINGLE DAY that it whitewashes their skin, tearing it up... and then they DO actually need the makeup because the makeup has destroyed their skin.

*shrug*

I think women are beautiful without makeup.

A woman shouldn't feel like she needs makeup to be beautiful.

I think I just fell in love ^^^^^

They're still very pretty, though not all of us girls can pull off all-natural look. Make-up is optional for some but necessary for a lot of us. I'm not speaking for all guys but I do believe they still prefer the prettied-up girl. Being ugly sucks and it sucks more when cosmetics can't help. Anyway...

Latest posts

Back