Hey there!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't know where to begin.

I don't know if I should kick this thread off with a half-hearted shout out to all the members on here, tossing out positively reinforced greetings to people I hardly know but would whole-heartedly like to get to know more; all in hopes that it will abolish my loneliness. I don't know if I should introduce myself for who I am or who I think I am or lay out a list of my remedial interests and hobbies. I don't know if I should put on a mask and pretend to be someone who would appear more likeable than the reality that is me. I just don't know.

What I do know is that I'm a really lonely individual. Incredulously lonely. I'm not too sure what I expect to get out of this forum save for perhaps a method or two on how to rid myself of this itchy, nasty feeling. I don't know how this could be accomplished. I've relinquished most of my affection I had reserved for relatives outside of my immediate family and it's slowly infecting the close ones, or rather I'm becoming more indifferent towards them. I've abandoned religion. The people I work with are (pardon my french) bloody imbeciles. And now I'm on some sort of delusional quest to find a companion before I'm admitted into the Military.

My name is Felix. I'm twenty years old and I manufacture eyewear. I don't share any redeeming or noteworthy traits, unless pessimism is highly regarded within this community. I love to write stories (I specialize in horror and fantasy), I love poetry, I love music, I love to go out on long walks, I love to assist people in my community and volunteer, and I love not knowing a synonym for the word love. Hmm. I am fond of going out to eat, I am fond of cryptozoology related topics, and I'm also fond of- You know, I think I've taken up too much space for a introductory. And that is something I'm definitely not fond of. I don't think I'm ever going to use fond eve-

ANYWAY, I think I'm done here. I hope I didn't scare anyone away with this verbose introduction, but I also don't think I can feel any lonelier.

I hope to meet a lot of people on here and maybe discover a few things about myself and of others. Until then!

Thank you, Poguesy, for your kind welcome. I can already feel something tearing away at my metaphorical fabric of loneliness. :p

Hello Fierce Invalid welcome to the forum. Just be yourself and I'm sure you will meet some interesting people on this site.

Fierce Invalid said:
I don't share any redeeming or noteworthy traits, unless pessimism is highly regarded within this community. I love to write stories (I specialize in horror and fantasy), I love poetry, I love music, I love to go out on long walks, I love to assist people in my community and volunteer, and I love not knowing a synonym for the word love. Hmm. I am fond of going out to eat, I am fond of cryptozoology related topics, and I'm also fond of- You know, I think I've taken up too much space for a introductory. And that is something I'm definitely not fond of. I don't think I'm ever going to use fond eve-

No redeeming qualities? You, as you've described yourself in a nutshell, sound awesome imho. And I'm not just saying that to be nice, people who write horror delight me. Welcome to the forums.

swanlake said:
Hello Fierce Invalid welcome to the forum. Just be yourself and I'm sure you will meet some interesting people on this site.

Yessir or ma'am, I shall definitely try to be myself in hopes of meeting new and interesting folk on here. The question is: how can I be myself if I don't even know who I am? So many questions! So many Gods.

sylvestris lybica said:
Fierce Invalid said:
I don't share any redeeming or noteworthy traits, unless pessimism is highly regarded within this community. I love to write stories (I specialize in horror and fantasy), I love poetry, I love music, I love to go out on long walks, I love to assist people in my community and volunteer, and I love not knowing a synonym for the word love. Hmm. I am fond of going out to eat, I am fond of cryptozoology related topics, and I'm also fond of- You know, I think I've taken up too much space for a introductory. And that is something I'm definitely not fond of. I don't think I'm ever going to use fond eve-

No redeeming qualities? You, as you've described yourself in a nutshell, sound awesome imho. And I'm not just saying that to be nice, people who write horror delight me. Welcome to the forums.

Within all honesty I have nothing more intriguing to my character than my. . . . my . . . excuse me a second. *rummages through my drawers, under my bed, in my closet, within my fridge* Yeeeeah, I'm going to have to get back to you on that "intriguing" aspect present in my life. *sighs* I'm 100% aware of my current status as a loser. If I weighed two hundred more pounds, I'd be a likely candidate to be the biggest. Ba-dum-crash. *sighs again . . . with emphasis*

And yet, I thank you for your kind words. I sincerely appreciate them.

Jilted John said:
Hi and welcome Felix!

Jilted John, you have presented me with the apotheosis of all welcomes. Thank you kindly! *bows deeply*

swanlake said:
Hi Felix welcome to the forum.

TWO welcomes? I don't know what I did to deserve such an honour! Why, I'm utterly speechless! Thank you!

PS. Will there be a surprise 3rd one in store for me?

Hello! FI
I like your writing style and sense of humor. Do you put humor in your horror and fantasy stories? You sound like a fun person to know. I'm surprised you are lonely. Do you present yourself as well in person (social anxiety issues etc)?
mug

mug said:
Hello! FI
I like your writing style and sense of humor. Do you put humor in your horror and fantasy stories? You sound like a fun person to know. I'm surprised you are lonely. Do you present yourself as well in person (social anxiety issues etc)?
mug

Thank you kindly, my good man! Not too many people seem to enjoy my dark sarcasm and corny puns. Yes, I make sure my stories are chock full of my sort of humour. My motto is: "If the zombies and werewolves and blood doesn't scare them, but my horrendously corny puns will." Yes, I present myself in the same fashion. You should PM me! We can hold some palaver. Thanks for the welcome!

Latest posts

Back