Hey

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LinOh

Reaction score
Googled 'In a relationship and lonely' and wound up here. I read a few of the posts and they seemed so familiar, it was scary. Figured I'd join up and say hi.

I am getting familiar with using this site. I saw that you made your account really shortly after mine so I clicked your name and it lead me here, where I just made a post not very long ago. I don't know how one gets lonely in a relationship. I think I talk too much that one would get more annoyed than lonely, lol.

Thanks for saying hi.
It's easy. I'm in a relationship with someone I adore who doesn't seem to feel the same way about me. It's very sad, but there you have it.
Keep talking. I like talkers. :)

I remember when my best friend was having problems with his relationship that ended. He was living with his baby's mama. From his side of the story she never wanted to sleep with him, and therefore he felt his woman was not fulfilling her womanly duties. I did not ask her opinion. Last time I did that between my friend and his girlfriend I found myself in a crappy situation. It made me wonder why she was acting the way he'd described. Perhaps she just wasn't into him any more. I know my from is anonymous but I don't want to go through every detail. It just seemed like she fell out of love or something. Perhaps she was lonely in the relationship. Of course for me; never knew my wife was unhappy until she told me she was planning on leaving me. Just the weekend before we were having a great time as always. I was really confused, but I know her hillbilly father in law somehow played a large role as the two of us don't get along.

I remember when my best friend was having problems with his relationship that ended. He was living with his baby's mama. From his side of the story she never wanted to sleep with him, and therefore he felt his woman was not fulfilling her womanly duties. I did not ask her opinion. Last time I did that between my friend and his girlfriend I found myself in a crappy situation. It made me wonder why she was acting the way he'd described. Perhaps she just wasn't into him any more. I know my from is anonymous but I don't want to go through every detail. It just seemed like she fell out of love or something. Perhaps she was lonely in the relationship. Of course for me; never knew my wife was unhappy until she told me she was planning on leaving me. Just the weekend before we were having a great time as always. I was really confused, but I know my hillbilly father in law somehow played a large role as the two of us don't get along.

You never really know what goes on in another person's head. I think sometimes the scenarios that play out in your brain have about as much effect on your actions as the things that happen in real life. I doubt he knows how unhappy I've been lately or that I've fleetingly considered ending the relationship. At the same time, I have no way of knowing if he's happy or not. I suspect he's not, but he denies being unhappy and swears he still loves me. I really just wish I could figure out how to fix things because I still really love him.
Maybe it's better to have a relationship end and feel like a bomb went off than to have it die slowly and just feel relieved when you no longer have to drag the carcass around with you? I don't know. The pain is probably the same either way.
I should probably go to bed before I depress myself or anyone else further.

Hm, I do not know your situation too much. I would normally tell someone they're thinking too much on something, but you came on these forums. I've read some posts and from what I've gathered, there are a lot of us who need professional therapy(Including myself.)

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems. If he is anything like me, he probably has no idea! I wish I would have gotten a verbal warning, or a separation before just killing the relationship. I don't know if I'm the kind of man who likes to change. I did love that woman, but after what she's done.. all of our happy memories together are overshadowed by her betrayal.

Welcome to the forum. Is Lin your name....or your favorite video game character? ? Its nice meeting u

@Jester2 - Thanks. I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet. I feel a wee bit alone & overwhelmed right now. I need people to talk to sometimes & I'm not finding that in real life, sadly. I am really sorry about your ex-wife. I hope you'll heal in time and find someone truly special.
@Sailor Moon - Neither. It's supposed to be L in Oh. The only video game character I know named Lin is Zombie Lin from one of the Saints Row games.
@ everyone else - Hi!

Latest posts

Back