Hey

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmbnm

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a pretty lonely person in my life right now. Depression comes and goes, anxiety as well although I learned how to manage it. I have low self esteem and can be shy and quiet sometimes. However, I dont have social anxiety.

I'm introverted which I finally realized and accepted. I'm not a party person and I dont drink alcohol which naturally makes me feel like an outsider in social settings sometimes. I just find it hard to fit into groups. Or anywhere.

I'm from a scandinavian country and I live here as well which I can't stand and all I want to do is move away. I dont connect with people often, especially not here so I end up being lonely a lot of the times. All I do is study, go to the gym, watch movies, talk to family members and friends online pretty much. Its so boring, lonely and depressing.

Welcome to the forum :)
If you are bored with your current situation, it can help to look for a new hobby for example.

Hi to you!

I noticed your post(s) and would like to leave you with some sincere words, since I think perhaps we are like-minded and in a similar situation and also scandinavian. We are strangers, but still.. here goes..
Sorry if it sounds like I am here to lecture you, I am not, I do this in an attempt to make you feel better, because I see the value in what you have said, and was interested in it.
You struggle with low self-esteem, well, let me tell you, be proud of yourself, forget mistakes in your past, pride will help you, be proud that you now hold others to high standards, be proud that you are better than the average person.
Now let me tell you about myself a little bit. I do not drink, smoke or party, I have high morals, I keep myself in shape, can be amusing (to some people o.o), I really dislike rude/vulgar/brutish behavior, I'm not religious (just saying, may be irrelevant), overall I am just a rather decent human being, perhaps a bit cold sometimes, meaning not very emotional, but nobody is perfect, at least I try to act nice even if I'm not feeling good.
Perhaps I am the kind of person you'd like to hang out with, and I am scandinavian too, if so, see, they exist, you are not alone, so don't give up yet ;)

You may not be better off elsewhere even if you want to move. People are people. There are enough where you live, you just haven't found the "right" kind of company yet, which is very difficult, I am sure you know all the reasons why. It's the same for me, and I am not motivated enough to give it a proper attempt. Besides my friends online are better than anyone I'd be likely to meet in real life anyway. And I do not feel lonely, at least not that often. Sorry I cant really offer any advice on how to meet awesome strangers :)

I suppose moving to another country/culture, would enable you to be more open and daring, enabling you to get to know people more easily, but it's a big step, you may find what you are looking for where you are too.

I'll stop it here, shouldn't make it too lengthy, I hope you see better days. You can leave me a message if you want to get to know me, I am not really active on here any longer, just stopped by today randomly, but I will check in on you. Take care :)

AfterDark said:
Hi to you!

I noticed your post(s) and would like to leave you with some sincere words, since I think perhaps we are like-minded and in a similar situation and also scandinavian. We are strangers, but still.. here goes..
Sorry if it sounds like I am here to lecture you, I am not, I do this in an attempt to make you feel better, because I see the value in what you have said, and was interested in it.
You struggle with low self-esteem, well, let me tell you, be proud of yourself, forget mistakes in your past, pride will help you, be proud that you now hold others to high standards, be proud that you are better than the average person.
Now let me tell you about myself a little bit. I do not drink, smoke or party, I have high morals, I keep myself in shape, can be amusing (to some people o.o), I really dislike rude/vulgar/brutish behavior, I'm not religious (just saying, may be irrelevant), overall I am just a rather decent human being, perhaps a bit cold sometimes, meaning not very emotional, but nobody is perfect, at least I try to act nice even if I'm not feeling good.
Perhaps I am the kind of person you'd like to hang out with, and I am scandinavian too, if so, see, they exist, you are not alone, so don't give up yet ;)

You may not be better off elsewhere even if you want to move. People are people. There are enough where you live, you just haven't found the "right" kind of company yet, which is very difficult, I am sure you know all the reasons why. It's the same for me, and I am not motivated enough to give it a proper attempt. Besides my friends online are better than anyone I'd be likely to meet in real life anyway. And I do not feel lonely, at least not that often. Sorry I cant really offer any advice on how to meet awesome strangers :)

I suppose moving to another country/culture, would enable you to be more open and daring, enabling you to get to know people more easily, but it's a big step, you may find what you are looking for where you are too.

I'll stop it here, shouldn't make it too lengthy, I hope you see better days. You can leave me a message if you want to get to know me, I am not really active on here any longer, just stopped by today randomly, but I will check in on you. Take care :)

Hey!

Thank you for your msg and advice! Actually most of my best friends ARE scandinavian, so I know its not impossible. The problem is I dont fit into any group here.

I've lived abroad (and traveled A LOT) and had the most amazing social life I've ever had. I had a whole group of friends + lots of others that I used to hang out with and talk to (a lot of them from my home country)

The reason I was able to connect with them is because they were also abroad, they are like me, they don't feel at home in scandinavia so thats why they left. Those are the type of people I connect with and those are hard to find here (since they all want to move lol) For example my two best friends lives in France and the US now.

I have made a lot of efforts to really find people here to connect with but its not happening. I can get along with most people and be social but there's no real connection that I need in a deeper friendship. That doesnt happen to me often here and it makes me feel lonely. I feel like I have nothing in common with people in my home town and thats why I need to move. I've tried and tried and they're not my type of people.

You're welcome!
You do seem to know what you want, hopefully it works out well when you give it a go!

Latest posts

Back