Hey

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eriksmith555

Reaction score
I hope this doesn't sound stupid, but I'm a 22 year old guy and I feel depressed because I'm so shy that I haven't ever had a girlfriend and I worry that I never will because of my shyness. It's really frustrating because I don't think I'm particularly unattractive and I think I'm fairly nice, but I'm just too shy around girls I like. I've been on dates with a few girls but it's always ended in us just being friends because I'm too shy to say I want to be more than friends, or maybe they just don't like me or something... I don't know. My roommate says I shouldn't be so nice because it gives off the impression that I just want to be friends, but I don't want to be mean so I don't know what to do...

hey eric, well i def. dont think you should change who you are and be mean to a girl, thats not the answer. i think that expressing your feelings to a girl is the best route. Being shy does make it harder, but i think if you let go of the fear of rejection youll find it easier to be honest, and if she doesnt feel the same at least you know you tried, but there are many girls out there who love a shy guy. hope this helped a litttle lol :)

im the same way dude. im 28 and i havent even really made it to the date part of the whole thing. im painfully shy when it comes to this.

Maybe on a date, you could bring flowers or dress up; just as sort of a tangible tip that you don't just want to be friends. Good luck, amigo:)

No it doesn't sound stupid at all. You will find many here that are the same way. Welcome to the forums.

When your room mate says "youre too nice" he means you need o be assertive, not mean. There's a difference.

a cousin of mine was super shy too, and he never went on a date or anything till he was 22. now he's been married for almost 2 years to a beautiful and awesome girl. there is hope yet for the shy guys!

Latest posts

Back