Hi Everyone...I'm new!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockGirl

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the site and thought it best to introduce myself. I chose RockGirl as my username because of the music I listen to. I'm into bands like Disturbed, In this Moment, Alter Bridge, etc.

I'm here because I have found in the past few years that I feel so disconnected from everyone around me. As the years have gone by, I have felt myself just disconnect from people, family and friends. Without even being sure why, I just feel very alone, misunderstood and like many others on this site...like I'm in funk.

I look around me and everyone seems so engaged in their lives, so happy. I have people in my life, but truthfully don't feel like they give a **** about me. I feel very much on my own.

I decided to join this site, so I could talk to people who could understand and relate to what I'm feeling. I feel like I'm just going through life. Other people seem to be 'living'...I seem to be existing or surviving.

I don't mean this vain, but I'm a pretty woman. If you saw me you would never realize the loneliness I feel inside. But being attractive doesn't seem to help.

What do you do when you get to the point, that you just kind of give up? Things that used interest you, don't anymore. You just don't even want to try. I have found myself just wanting to stay home and hide. I don't really understand why I feel the way I feel. I just know that it is incredibly lonely and isolating.
Yet, instead of it getting better, I find myself pushing more in the direction of just being alone.

I try to stay connected with family and friends, but truthfully it feels fake and forced. Usually after attending an event, I leave feeling sad because I'm just not connecting.

I've been through divorce. I don't have children. My family is dysfunctional. Perhaps, this are root causes that have lead me to where I am, but I don't want to get caught up in all that.

All I know, is that I want to feel better. I want to enjoy my life. I want to stop looking at other people and wishing I could be happy like they seem to be.
I want most of all to be happy and to enjoy my life.
I feel lost, alone, afraid and most of all I have no idea how to get out of feeling these things.
What do you do when your lost and somehow in living your own life...you've lost yourself? What do you do?

I apologize if my intro seems heavy. I believe in being up front and honest and this is my truth right now. It's ugly and I hate it, but this is me and this is why I'm here.

Thank you for reading this and if you can offer insight, please share. Someone please tell me I'm not the only one who feels this way!

rockgirl[/size][/font]

Hey Rock... of course you're not the only 1 who feels this way. ;)

Welcome to the forum :D ... Hope being here helps you find your way!

Welcome to the forum ;)
And yes, it's most certainly strange that being attractive doesn't help one bit, in a society where "looking good" is by some considered to be one of the most important things. Strange how that works.

Thanks Sprint & Vagrant Legacy for the welcome...I was beginning to wonder if anyone even noticed I joined the forum - ha!
Looking forward to hanging out and sharing with you.

Everybody have a good day!

Hi RockGirl, and welcome to the Forum. As you read threads and posts here, you will see a lot of people feel the way you do. I am one. I just started Therapy, because I felt the need to get professional help.

There are a lot of great people in this Forum that are willing to give you advice and some that you may Private Message with and become close to.

If you thing Therapy may help, it is a good idea--it is helping me. There are places like Clinics and Hospitals that offer it on a sliding scale if you don't have insurance or just can't afford it. Google Search it with your town or zip code, it's worth a try.

I hope you find solace soon.

I looked up Anhedonia, that is some scary honeysuckle. I hope that's not what I'm experiencing. Seems so permanent....

Wishing Well...thank you for the kind words. Sometimes we all just need someone to care.

RockGirl said:
I looked up Anhedonia, that is some scary honeysuckle. I hope that's not what I'm experiencing. Seems so permanent....

Wishing Well...thank you for the kind words. Sometimes we all just need someone to care.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. Just read your opening post. You sound very vigilant about wanting to enjoy life again. I'm sure there's a strong spark in you. It is way more likely you're experiencing a down period, perhaps even a depression. And while they can be a *****, they can be tackled with the right help :)

Hi Polar...Appreciate the encouragement. It's nice just to put it out there and not be judged, ya know?
You're right, I def have some spunk to me. That's why I really want to get out of this. Whatever this is...and get back to being me.
You're sweet to post. Appreciate it.

Polar said:
RockGirl said:

I wouldn't worry too much about that. Just read your opening post. You sound very vigilant about wanting to enjoy life again. I'm sure there's a strong spark in you. It is way more likely you're experiencing a down period, perhaps even a depression. And while they can be a *****, they can be tackled with the right help :)

Yes, I tend to agree. I got about half-way through your post & thought to myself "hmmm, apathy (& lack of "energy") deriving from depression.. but what was the catalyst for the depression?".......... then I saw the word "divorce".

That is a difficult occurrence to go through. :(

Girl, you alright. You got a good sense of jazz to ya, your a lively person which tries to stay alive in a world which make`s perfect sense, but somehow ended up being far from sensible. If anything... id say that what you need right now is a good old heart to heart, accompanied by nice cold one, and maybe even some cigarets. In any case, hit me up if you wanna talk some more!

Latest posts

Back