Hi everyone..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derekmtl89

Reaction score
Well, i finally made an account.

Tired of being alone at home. Ever since my dad was diagnosed with ALS, i stopped going out so i could take care of him, pretty much lost all my friends.

So here i am, a couple months after his death, i still haven't really went out to have fun, because my friends basically dropped me due to me not going out much anymore, so i decided to make an account and see if i could meet actual friends instead of pretenders.

My name is Derek, 21 and from Canada. Just here to meet some friends. I am a nice guy, don't hesitate to say hi :)

alonewanderer said:
Hey what's up Derek, I'm sorry about your father's passing, you're in good hands here on ALL. :)

Thank you :) Don't be sorry, i am just looking forward to meeting some nice people and not fake people that just forget about you when you are going through a hard time.

Derek--
I'm so sorry about your loss. Welcome to the site. There are a lot very kind and real folks here.

Hi Derek :)

I'm sorry to read about your loss. I've also lost my dad not too long ago, though I'm not going to say 'I know how you feel' since.. Iono <.< In most cases it's just so wrong.. But if you'd like to talk about it you could always PM me.. Not that I'm a big expert.. But I've learned sharing helps..

Marimausi said:
Hi Derek :)

I'm sorry to read about your loss. I've also lost my dad not too long ago, though I'm not going to say 'I know how you feel' since.. Iono <.< In most cases it's just so wrong.. But if you'd like to talk about it you could always PM me.. Not that I'm a big expert.. But I've learned sharing helps..

So sweet of you, thank you :) The same goes to you...if you ever need to talk, just send a message :)

Welcome, Derek. I am sorry for your loss. It's sad that the toughest times of our lives can be the ones that show us the real quality of our friends. :/

cheaptrickfan said:
Welcome, Derek. I am sorry for your loss. It's sad that the toughest times of our lives can be the ones that show us the real quality of our friends. :/

Thank you, and yeah i understand what you mean. And this was people i hung out with every day for 5-6 years, then i had to stay home and take care of my dad, and bam...almost never heard from anyone after that. I assume either they didn't know what to say or just didn't want to deal with anything bad.

Either way, i learned friends aren't the ones you hang out with, it's the ones that would help you through tough times, even if it's through internet.

Hey Derek ^-^ Welcome to the site and also sorry about your father :( Feel free to send me a message if you get bored :)

Sterling said:
Hey Derek ^-^ Welcome to the site and also sorry about your father :( Feel free to send me a message if you get bored :)

Thank you :) I can already see the type of people on here are very sweet and kind.

Hi Derek, nice to meet you. Nice Cat in the Hat outfit

I'm also sorry about your father's passing and your friends leaving.

You're also welcome to message me, or come to chat! We don't bite! :)

Hey, welcome, I'm new too though : p
I'm sorry to hear about what your old friends did to you dude but I can relate on some level. I wouldn't take it that there was anything you did to make that happen because it seems a lot of times friends put the burden on others to always contact them, etc. But it seems like you came to an intelligent conclusion by yourself & you have a great attitude to move forward

Latest posts

Back